Thursday, December 1, 2011

Peace on earth!

While Spencer's older sister, Laura, was visiting last week from D.C., we decided to take the boys up to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake.  We visited the day after they lit the lights- so we beat a lot of the usual crowds that are usually there.  It's such a gorgeous display of lights and nativities- I'm thankful we live close enough to visit them each Christmas and make it a family tradition.

I saw this Portuguese nativity set in the window of the Joseph Smith Building as we were leaving Temple Square... It made my heart swell, remembering the Christmas I spent in Porto & Braga while on my mission nearly 10 years ago.  The Portuguese sure know how to do ChristmasBraga during the Christmas season was perhaps the.most.beautiful sight I've ever seen during the holiday season!

1 comments:

janae said...

You have such great photography skills, and I always love how you increase the saturation so your pictures are so bright and fun! Just fyi, that nativity is actually Ecuadorian. I think "Portuguese" below is just to translate the word "jubilo." We have an identical nativity (and I mean identical, crossing legs Jesus and all) that we got in Ecuador several years go, so I'm 100% certain that's what it is.