Thursday, December 1, 2011

The 8TH member of our family...

I betch'ya thought I was going to announce we got a dog... Nope. Although- if you asked my boys, they'd tell you that's what they want for Christmas.  They pray for one E.V.E.R.Y. night.  If it were up to me- their prayers would be answered.  I LOVE dogs.  But it's not up to me entirely... dad's got to be on board too and so far, he's not.  I know, what a big poop huh!? Don't worry- eventually, the boys and I WILL win this battle... I'm not entirely sure it will happen before Christmas, but it.WILL.happen!

Actually, the purpose of this post is to introduce you to the 8TH member of our family... Pooh Bear.  Remember this post???

Our little Bentley sure does LOVE his Pooh Bear.  Where ever Bentley goes, Pooh must go too.  Earlier in the week, Bentley had a FIT because I wouldn't let him take Pooh Bear out back with him--- the yard was wet and a little muddy.

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning, while the 3 older boys are in school--- Bentley's BORED to death!!!  The babe, Atticus, usually naps during this time and I've tried to play with Bentley, but I guess I don't make much of a play partner because he won't play with me.  He has the whole house to himself--- a toy room chalk full of toys, a treasure chest filled to the brim with play gear and a basement with bikes, scooters and a truck BUT does he play with them?! Nope.  Instead he begs me to watch the new Disney Winnie the Pooh movie Every day, it's the same thing- I suggest we watch something different- he has a million movie options, but every morning, it's the same thing without hesitation... Winnie the Pooh.


So Winnie the Pooh it is.  I have to admit, his obsession is pretty stinkin' cute.  Monday morning I was busy doing laundry, so when I came downstairs to this- I thought it was pretty darn precious.
I went back upstairs to finish what I started, and about 10 minutes later, Bentley was upstairs with a sippy cup asking for water for Pooh.  Really?!  I can understand water for him, but Pooh?!  Okay, whatev. So downstairs I went, Bentley following behind me. 
And this below is what I found...
Our cute, fuzzy little guest comfortably watching himself on the television. 
Oh and I can't forget Chuck... Bentley's beginning to build a close friendship with Chuck too.

I heart the idea that Bentley has imaginary play pals... it sort of stinks that he'd rather play with them than me- but I won't take it too much to heart.  I'm beginning to think though- it might be time to start having real play dates with friends his own age... I can't imagine the conversation between Chuck and Pooh is very exciting... but then again, WHAT do I know?!

2 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Poo sitting watching Poo...hilarious. I wonder if this was why it was so easy to help potty train him. He loves Poo so much that any chance to go makes him smile...LOL. Give Bentley a hug and a kiss for me. I miss them all already.

Nicole Heywood said...

For a sec I thought you were announcing a new baby :)