Thursday, December 1, 2011

Guess who's 33?!

No, not me silly... I'm still a young 30- but really I feel like I'm still 23... {how is that even possible?!}... anyhow, it's my better half, the LOVE of my life, Spencer Lee who celebrated a birthday!!! He's 33 {I'd LOVE to know why 33 sounds so young, when I could have sworn he's so much older than that!}

We celebrated Spencer's birthday a little over a week and a half ago--- it was the Monday before Thanksgiving. I failed miserably in the "Wifey Department"; my mind and worries were on Thanksgiving of course.  It's all totally cool though- cuz I'm married to a party pooper someone who doesn't really care to celebrate birthdays in any sort of fashion, SO, he wasn't disappointed...

I did bake him an eggnog cake (does it matter that it was from a mix and NOT homemade?) and I also made him two totally cool pinatas for his birthday--- the boys helped of course. We stuffed the pinatas full of confetti and the good stuff... i.e. Caramel Twix, eggnog taffy's & Chocolate/Caramel Hershey Kisses (I found the idea for the pinatas here on this blog).  It took me all afternoon to make--- I even had to postpone dinner for about half an hour while I finished putting the finishing touches on it {Oops! Time management is NOT my forte}... but aside from the time factor- it was REALLY simple to make and now my mind is racing with all sorts of pinata ideas!!! When's the next party?! I'll be ready to go, fiesta style with pinata in hand!

Spence's mom and dad came over to help us celebrate... thank goodness for Linda (my mother in law) who brought over dinner... With out her Tator Tot Casserole (Spencer's absolute favorite!), we may have only had cake and ice cream to eat for dinner {which I'm sure the boys wouldn't have complained about}... like I said, I was busy all afternoon making Spencer's pinatas, I didn't have TIME to think about dinner!
Ok, so as it turns out, I made the pinatas practically indestructible!  We had to eventually pull them down and let the kids maul them with the croquet mallet on the ground...
I LOVE that Bentley's tongue is hanging out of his mouth in this next picture!  It's so totally something that both Spencer and I do when we're trying to concentrate or focus...  it must be inherited, because my dad does it too and I could have sworn my sister Janna said she does it too!
 Okay, so after we let the kids have at it, we had Spencer beat the candy out of the pinatas!
The kids LOVED the pinata!  
{It's totally going to be a new birthday tradition! Personalized pinatas!} 

I'm pretty sure they enjoyed the candy more though than the pinatas themselves. LOL!
Seriously, no joke... every time Spencer went to eat a Twix, he'd unwrap it and find a bite print in it!  Bentley still doesn't quite understand that he can't eat candy with wrappers still on it!

This picture of Spence below is hilarious! 
He looks like a big sissy and I have to admit that pink shirt isn't helping him! Really now, come on, who's really that afraid of balloon being popped?!
Have I mentioned before 
that I can't wait to grow old with this hunk!!!

0 comments: