Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Almost 6 months!

I can hardly believe it, but this nugget is going to be 6 months next week!!!  Isn't it insane how quickly he's grown?!

I'll have all of his growth stats next week, after I take him in for his 6 month Well Check with the doctor, however I don't really need a doctor to tell me he's BIG- I already KNOW that!!!  He's outgrown all of his 3-6 month clothes and a lot of the 6 month old clothing I have for him doesn't fit either!  9 month old clothing seems to go on him more easily...  there's no struggle trying to get the snaps on his onesies snapped.  He already wears size 4 diapers--- none of our boys have ever worn diapers larger than a 4--- I'm afraid he'll be in a size 16 by the time he's 2!  I still have a pack of unused size 2-3 diapers that look like man thongs on him when I change him into them! He's not much smaller than his older brother Bentley; at Atticus' 4 month check up, he was only 7 pounds lighter than Bentley which is just plain ridiculous because Bentley's nearly 2 years OLDER than Atticus Mr. A (that's what we've nicknamed him- coincidentally Bentley's nickname is Mr. B and we could call Cohen Mr. C but the nickname Co sounds better)... anyhow, Mr. A still continues to be very observant, curious and activeWhen he's awake, he likes to be moving.  Recently, he grew too big for the infant swing so I stored it away and pulled out the Fisher Price Jumperoo- Laugh and Learn thinga-ma-jigger...  He.LOVES.it!   He can jump and bounce in that thing all afternoon if I let him!  From time to time, he'll even fall asleep in it!
He's really loud and enjoys babbling with his brothers.  He's discovered his voice--- he LOVES to squeal and scream!  Another thing he's discovered are his hands.  They're always in his mouth- we thought perhaps he's beginning to teeth but I don't see any buds yet... when his hands aren't in his mouth, he grabbing for things.  Bentley's gotten quite frustrated with him when he snatches away his bag of cereal or toy.  It's hilarious to watch! They're ALREADY fighting!  Atticus isn't eating any solid foods yet- we'll probably hold off on solids until he's 8 months or so--- he's growing just fine on baby formula alone.  He still won't drink more than 4-6 ounces at a time--- which is a novelty for me because all of my older boys were drinking 6-8 ounce bottles by the time they were 2 months old.  He DOES drink a lot of bottles though through out the day, and usually takes one or two during the night--- yes, he's still waking up at night!  Again, I'm not a fan--- my older boys were all sleeping through the night by the time they were 4-6 weeks old.  I need to stop complaining though because at least he falls right back to sleep after I've made him a bottle.  Something I do appreciate now is that he's learned how to hold his bottle completely on his own!  Hooray!!!  
He can roll from his belly to his back and vice versa.  He hasn't quite figured out how to roll towards something to get what he wants though.  He does scoot around on his back and he's kind of sitting up completely on his own.  He excites himself a lot and catapults himself backward. He's also been trying recently to sit up on his own!!!  Like I said before, he's a mover! 

Overall, he's such an easy going baby.  He naps a lot and doesn't require ME for every minute he's awake, which is a good thing because he has 4 older brothers who DO! 
Atticus is such a smiley kid and I ADORE that he chuckles (when he does, it's a real BIG belly laugh) at the silly things his brothers do and say! 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a cutie!

Tricia said...

Awwwwww...
Mr. A is a sweetie pie! I can't believe I haven't held him yet:(