Atticus' baby blessing...
We finally blessed Atticus. I say "finally" because the kid's already nearly 5 months old! I have two white blessing outfits we've used in the past for when we blessed our older boys, but neither of the two fit him. He's a chunk! And he's pretty long... My kind sister, Tricia, spared me the trouble of having to search for a new one- with permission from our ward Bishop, we blessed Atticus during sacrament on the first Sunday (August 28TH) after I returned home from vacation- I had lots and lots of errands to run, unpacking to do, a house to clean, heaps of laundry that needed to be washed, grocery shopping to catch up on, school shopping that needed to get done in a hurry and lots of little boys who all desperately NEEDED to catch up on their sleep before starting school the day AFTER we returned home, SO, Tricia's little baby blessing outfit she sent in the mail was a godsend AND it fit him perfectly!
Just a funny side note: As I was dressing Atticus, I caught Ian giggling about something... I asked him what he laughing about and he told me he thought it was funny that "Atticus was dressed like a princess!"... Umm, yeah. NOT exactly the look I was shooting for. He's a boy, thanks. But I could kind of understand what made him think so--- the pretty white, the bow (tie), the pearly'ish buttons...
Atticus' blessing was pretty modest- well the event itself was. The actual blessing was beautiful. Spencer has a real art for words. Atticus was fussy just before the blessing but calmed down and cooed and smiled during the blessing. My mother was able to be with us that day at church; she accompanied me on my drive back up to Utah and stayed with us for 5 days before returning home. My in laws, Les and Linda were also at the blessing, along with Spencer's brother, Aaron, and his family and his younger sister Megan and her husband John. Compared to our previous baby blessing events, this one was much smaller.... we would have loved for all of our family to have been able to be with us, particularly Atticus, on that special day but it's hard to do with family living all over the country- Texas, D.C., New York, and California.
I've decided it's IMPOSSIBLE to get any sort of decent picture of the boys right now with the ages they are... but here's some okay ones.
Just a funny side note: As I was dressing Atticus, I caught Ian giggling about something... I asked him what he laughing about and he told me he thought it was funny that "Atticus was dressed like a princess!"... Umm, yeah. NOT exactly the look I was shooting for. He's a boy, thanks. But I could kind of understand what made him think so--- the pretty white, the bow (tie), the pearly'ish buttons...
Atticus' blessing was pretty modest- well the event itself was. The actual blessing was beautiful. Spencer has a real art for words. Atticus was fussy just before the blessing but calmed down and cooed and smiled during the blessing. My mother was able to be with us that day at church; she accompanied me on my drive back up to Utah and stayed with us for 5 days before returning home. My in laws, Les and Linda were also at the blessing, along with Spencer's brother, Aaron, and his family and his younger sister Megan and her husband John. Compared to our previous baby blessing events, this one was much smaller.... we would have loved for all of our family to have been able to be with us, particularly Atticus, on that special day but it's hard to do with family living all over the country- Texas, D.C., New York, and California.
I've decided it's IMPOSSIBLE to get any sort of decent picture of the boys right now with the ages they are... but here's some okay ones.
Of course, some one ALWAYS has to be looking away from the camera!
In this case it was Noah.
Go ahead and say it, because I KNOW you're thinking it... Yes. Atticus IS almost BIGGER than Bentley! They're only a difference of 8 pounds between the two and Bentley isn't much taller either.
Grandma Truesdell didn't even have to try, Atticus would smile every time he saw her! The two really bonded during our 2 week trip to San Diego.Atticus with Grandma and Grandpa Campbell.








0 comments:
Post a Comment