Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ian and Cohen's first day of preschool...

Cohen and Ian started preschool the day after we returned home from vacation... needless to say, I wasn't quite ready to dive into things; I had only one day to unpack, clean out the car, do laundry, shop for groceries, clean house and get school shopping done- thankfully I didn't have to go to too many stores to do this-  just The Rack, Nordstroms that is- LOVE that place!!! It has such great deals on cute clothes for boys... aside from that, I did most of my shopping online on my two favorite sites- Zappos.com and Gap.com (I heart their sales on kids clothes!!! 40% off on jeans? Yes please!)...  B.T.W. if you haven't shopped online at Zappos, you've got too!  I ordered my boys clothes and shoes one evening, and they were on my front doorstep the following morning AND the best part is I didn't even have to pay for shipping!!!  Okay, I'm really going off on a tangent now.  Anyhow, I would have liked to have had more time to prepare and relax after our long trip before sending the boys off to school, but it's been good for them to keep busy and I have to admit, I've been enjoying quiet time at home with just the two babes, Atticus and Bentley Atticus just sleeps while the boys are gone and Bentley doesn't know what to do with himself!  He won't let me play with him--- he doesn't watch cartoons (which is a good thing right?!)--- he won't go out back and play--- in fact all he usually does while the boys are gone is just create messes... lots of messes for me to clean up after! I'll let it slide for the next couple of weeks, but by October the kid has.got.to.find.something.else.to.do!  Grocery shopping with just the two kids now is a breeze! I love it! I actually have space in my cart to put my groceries!!!  I will fess up--- the first couple of days while the boys were in school and while I was running errands, I'd panic, thinking I'd LOST or forgotten Cohen!  It's so strange just hanging out with the two babies. 
The boys are back at Learning Dynamics Preschool.  We love that place... The program there is fabulous!!!  I'm just not sure how I feel about continuing to send my boys there for the next 4-5 years... yep, that's right, next year it will be Bentley going with Cohen, then the following year it will be Bentley alone, then Atticus for two years! CrAzy, I know.  We might want to change things up eventually is all I'm thinking--- that is if we can ever find a good preschool equivalent to Learning Dynamics...  The boys have school every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 2 hours and 15 minutes in the morning.  Hence, mornings are pretty darn busy in this house!!!  Between getting them to school on time and Noah out the door and on the bus before it leaves, mornings are chaotic!!! I have NO time to waste! If I'm not up by 6 every morning, I'm screwed!!! I'm best off waking up by 5:45... better yet, I keep telling myself if I want to start running again, I better just begin waking up at 5.  There are 9 other kids in both of the boys classes- Ian's teacher is the same teacher Noah had last year- we LOVED her so we asked to put Ian in her class and Cohen's teacher is new to the school but she is extremely caring and outgoing with the kids.  Both the boys enjoy school.  Ian likes being the "older" brother at school.  On the first day, he walked Cohen to his class and showed him where he needed to put his bag.  Cohen's a little shy and doesn't say much in class---yet, that is... his teacher said he tends to observe more than he participates during singing time, but I assured her it's probably only because he's warming up to the classroom environment... in another couple of weeks, I'm sure he'll be dancing on table tops like I find him doing in nursery at church.  He's always SO excited when I pick him up from school and before I can even buckle him into his car seat, he's already pulled all of his artwork and papers out of his school bag to show me.  The first day at school, he got to be the special helper.  He was thrilled and he didn't want to take the special helper tag off of his shirt until later that evening.
The boys first day of school was before Noah's first day of Kindergarten so he went with me to drop the boys off... he wanted to say "hi" to his old teacher.  Don't you love Noah's shirt in this picture above???  The wolves howling.  Hah! It's so 80's throwback!  Love it!  P.S. After looking at this picture, I can understand now why/how so many people think the two are twins.  They do look a lot alike; they're both the same height and Ian's only 2 pounds heavier than Noah.

Oh. Funny story.  So while we were down in San Diego, I picked up a pair of Toms (those are shoes in case you didn't know what they were) for Cohen from a local surf shop.  Cohen LOVES shoes just in general and the Toms certainly didn't disappoint him when I gave them to him.  Well, he was super excited to wear them, but I explained that he should probably wait to wear them to school--- Cohen has stinky feet--- I didn't want him stinkin' up his new shoes before he had a chance to show them off at school!  Anyhow, one day as I was getting him dressed and helping him put on his shoes, Ian chuckled and said to Cohen

"You're not going to wear those shoes to school are you?!  Those are girl shoes!!! 
Everyone in your class will laugh at you Cohen!"  

Oh boy. You should have seen the look on Cohen's face.  He was devastated... for only a moment that is, then took one more look at his Toms, slipped on his shoes, jumped up and said "Yep!" like he had no care in the world!  That's what I LOVE about my little Co.  He's so bull headed and stubborn--- Spencer and I complain about it a lot of the time, but truth is, he's got drive and confidence.  He's determined.  He thinks for himself and doesn't really allow others to discourage him. If he keeps it up, the kid is going to go far in life!
Below is Co. in his Toms and skinny jeans. 
I'm thinking he may need to chunk up some more 
because the skinny jeans are looking more like baggy jeans on him. 
B.T.W. I'd like to add a word of THANKS in this post to my mom...  she was a HUGE help around the house and with the boys during those first few days back from our trip to San Diego.  She drove back up to Utah with me and stayed with us for nearly a week.  I sure wish she lived closer...  we always love having grandma near by to play with and the boys just adore her!!!
Who knew grandma could play ball?!

0 comments: