Bob the Outlaw...
Has anyone else read or heard about this report done on children who watch SpongeBob SquarePants??? It was plastered all over the news yesterday... and to think, I didn't really need a team of researchers to tell me it is "TRASH T.V." (that's what we call it in our home); I already KNEW it was. I can't STAND the dumb cartoon--- it's not even funny- it's just annoying, along with a handful of other popular kid cartoons... i.e. Fish Hooks (it's a total SpongeBob cartoon rip off)- Wow Wow Wubbzy, etc., etc. Anyhow, I've NEVER allowed my boys to watch SpongeBob--- that's not to say they haven't watched it... oh don't you worry, it used to come on after one of the cartoons I'd occasionally allow them to watch , Umizoomie, and if I wasn't quick enough to turn off the t.v., the boys would sit quietly, without saying a word to me and watch SpongeBob. My boys knew who SpongeBob was even before I knew who SpongeBob was... I blame the marketing companies who put his image on clothes, shoes, toothbrushes, toys, cereal boxes- basically any and every surface they could! All this doesn't matter though, because the only thing you as the reader NEED to know is that he's an OUTLAW in our home!
So... now picture this: Last Thursday, I was cleaning out Noah's Homework Folder when I found this worksheet below that he completed in class.
My son- my extremely artistic son- NOAH, had taken the time DURING class to sketch out this almost PERFECT portrait of SpongeBob. If it had been anything else he'd drawn I would have been quite proud of him- he's a very good artist- but SPONGEBOB?! Really?!!! He's so trashy- and worse, remember, he drew it during class! I think it's safe to assume he WAS NOT LISTENING or paying attention to the teacher if he was busy adding every little last detail to "Bob", including his square pants. People we're only a week into the school year- he still has 30 something weeks of school left- or bear in mind, 12+ years of schooling- 20 if he plans on being a doctor! Good grief!


2 comments:
Hilarious! I agree--outlawed in my house too. J doesn't even know who he is.
Didn't read the spongebob article. I just saw the headline and that was enough to convince me. If watching it makes ME feel stupider it can't be good for kids. Unfortunately, Isaac knows all about him too. He always wants the spongebob gogurts!
Post a Comment