Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 2... beach fun & family!

Did I mention in my last post that my car is chalk full of sand?!  Seriously, I'm beginning to think the boys believe they can take the beach back to Utah in our car!  They've gotten sand E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.!


We took it easy today... it's a good thing, because the next three days we'll be busy--- tomorrow we're heading up to Disneyland with the 3 oldest boys to meet Grandma Campbell and Aunt Megan (Spencer's sister)--- we'll do Disneyland and California Adventure Thursday and Friday, then on Saturday, we'll be celebrating Bentley's 2ND birthday with a trip to THE.BEST.ZOO. ON THIS PLANET, The San Diego Zoo... but back to today's list of events... I took the kiddos (well the 3 oldest, cuz the babes were napping so Grandma and Aunt Janna agreed to watch them for me) and they're cousins, Idrese and Paresa, down to Windansea in La Jolla... Hand's down, it's the best beach in the county! The surf is amazing!

The boys built sandcastles, 
dug holes...
... made sand angels...
and showed a little cheek... 
Okay, honestly, it wasn't just a little but A LOT!  This kid (Cohen) couldn't keep his shorts up! Can you believe how DARK he is?! Lucky duck! I'd do anything for a nice tan like his! I think I need to find a pair of mini Speedo's for both him and Noah... both boys loose their boardshorts ALL.THE.TIME!

Following a trip to the beach, we visited Mt. Soledad and got a great aerial view of the county from there.  Note: On a clear day, you can even see Tijuana!
Then the kids went swimming at Uncle Jeff's (my brother) place tonight...

... this was the first time Jeff and his fam met my two youngest boys, Atticus and Bentley... the last time he saw Cohen, Cohen was only a few months old!
The kids enjoyed swimming, but really what they enjoyed the most was the hot tub!

All in all, it was a FABULOUS DAY!  It's so WONDERFUL to be HOME in San Diego!!!

0 comments: