Wednesday, August 10, 2011

HOME!!!

We made it to San Diego!!!  I packed up the car Monday evening, and left Tuesday morning just before 7. I'll be honest, I was a little nervous driving the entire way, with just the 5 boys but the drive was a breeze and the boys were real champs!  No one cried, no one fussed or whined--- and can you believe it, I didn't even have to change any poopy diapers along the way!!! Noah and Ian saw coconut trees (a.k.a. palm trees) in Vegas and were CERTAIN we were close to San Diego because those "are the only trees that San Diego has." or so Noah thinks. Lol!  We stopped 3 times- once in Cedar City for about 10 minutes to use the restrooms and I dished out food; then again in St. George to gas up and we didn't stop again until we hit Victorville- about 2 hours outside of San Diego, for snacks and gas. We rolled into town at 4 (5MST). It was a perfect 72 degrees outside. The boys were so THRILLED to be at grandma and grandpa's! Noah's told me at least a dozen times that he wishes he lived here... yeah, me too kid! We stopped off first at grandpa's work to say "hi" to my dad- then I moved the circus to my parents house- where we're staying.  We'll be here for two weeks- I'm afraid my parents will ask me to cut my trip short and take the boys back home tomorrow- just kidding, but they have been pretty rowdy!  We had a couple of hours before sunset, so I took the boys down the La Jolla Shores to play in the water and sand.  Their cousins, Idrese and Kyse, and Aunt Janna joined us.  They had so much fun (well correction, the three oldest boys did... the baby just slept in the stroller and after Bentley set foot on the sand for only a second he hopped back into the stroller- He does NOT like the sand!)! Needless to say, we slept like angles last night.

The two babies are napping right now, and in just a little bit we'll be hitting the beach! We're gonna take it easy today because tomorrow and Friday we're going to Disneyland!

1 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow those are some beautiful pictures Steph!!!! So happy for you & your boys! Do they know their Mommy is SUPERWOMAN??? I know it's super annoying when people say that.... but taking them all by yourself????? You seriously own that title now!