St Patrick's Day...
We were in such a hurry to get out the door on St Patrick's to get to my 9 o'clock doctor appointment in Orem on time, I completely forgot to wear something green--- of course I remembered to dress each of the boys in green- what kind of mother would I be if I had forgotten to dress my kids in green?!... but now, back to the fact I forgot my OWN green, just who do you think noticed??? Go ahead, guess... Why all 3 of the older boys, Noah, Ian AND Cohen of course. As I was scrambling to put the corned beef and potatoes in the crock pot for dinner, get all 4 boys shoes and jackets on them, then strap them into their car seats and the diaper bag packed, I had each one of them pinching me from behind- and it wasn't just one pinch from each of them, it was pinch after pinch after pinch--- the pinching didn't cease until I was in the drivers seat- seated out of their reach!!!
I dropped the boys off at my in laws home in Orem, along with a brand new box of Lucky Charms cereal for the boys to eat for breakfast, (can you believe I have NEVER EVER eaten Lucky Charms during my lifetime?!)--- my father in law agreed to watch all of them while I darted off to my doctor appointment... I spent 2, nearly 3 LONG hours at the hospital...the doctor did an ultrasound to check the baby's condition and fluid levels and I also had to have a fetal stress test done... BORING! It's become a weekly occurrence since I hit 28 weeks in pregnancy.
That evening, just after naps, the boys new little neighbor friend from across the street came over to play--- it was during this same time that I was making dessert--- rainbow colored cupcakes (click here for a picture of what they looked like last year). They didn't exactly look as nice this year as they did last year- bummer- it's just that I was in such a hurry to get them made since we had a little guest visiting... anyhow, luckily for me, the boys aren't hard to please... they really enjoyed them!
You know what was something most of the family DIDN'T enjoy though??? Cabbage and potatoes... well everyone EXCEPT for Cohen disliked them. He REALLY liked the cabbage and potatoes AND the corned beef! I don't think I've EVER seen the kid eat so much during one meal but on this particular night he scarfed down practically the whole thing of beef!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment