Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Valentine's Day...

The Saturday before Valentine's Day, I took the boys to the Lowe's Build and Grow Workshop near our home... the boys each received their own hammers, work aprons and protective eye wear along with a kit to build their very own heart shaped music boxes.  Let's be honest, the boys constructed some of each box on their own but for the most part I hammered the boxes together.  I was in a bit of a hurry to get out of the place because my ears were ringing and my head was spinning listening to 200 little kids with hammers pound away on nails and wood all at the same time...  I literally couldn't hear myself think for a little while there and I left Lowe's with a massive headache, but despite the noise, headache and confusion the boys had a WONDERFUL time participating in the workshop and I LOVED that it was FREE!  I'd really like for them to participate in more workshops however I've discovered it's pretty difficult getting them signed up for them before each workshop reaches its maximum capacity---there's only a limited number of spots open for each workshop and just too many little kids living in Utah County who want to participate!!!  The boys decided they wanted to  paint their music boxes so that's exactly what we did on Valentine's Day just before dinner.

So I'm a little behind on my blogging... what's new???

I promise to make this post short--- I mean only so much can happen on Valentine's Day right and as it turns out, we didn't do terribly much, aside from visit the dentist. The 3 older boys all had x rays of their teeth taken and cleanings done... this was Noah's 4TH visit to the dentist but Ian and Cohen's first... they all did really well, surprisingly... I suppose it helps that the dentist office has a movie screen on the ceiling for the kids to watch movies on while the dental assistants are working on their teeth... lucky guys--- I never had that kind of luxury when I was little.  Following the trip to the dentist, we stopped at the party store and each of the boys picked out their very own helium balloon...  they love balloons and it's been sort of an ongoing tradition to always get them each their own special balloon on Valentine's Day--- normally I choose the balloons and surprise them with them the morning of Valentine's along with doughnuts but as it turns out the day before was a Sunday and most stores are closed in Utah County. Here we are practically 2 months AFTER Valentine's Day and Cohen's heart balloon is STILL floating around the house... it hasn't popped yet!!!  That was definitely some G.O.O.D. helium in that balloon!!!  The two older boys went to preschool and had a Valentine's Day party there where they received oodles of treats--- most of which I eventually tossed into the garbage.  Don't worry, the boys didn't even notice--- but seriously, what 3 and 5 year olds need that much candy?!  The boys made their own pizzas that evening (gluten free of course) and they also ate strawberry jello hearts which they helped me make earlier in the day. I think that about explains what we did for Valentine's Day--- Oh wait, I nearly forgot, Ian got a good sized bump on his head when he was getting out of the car at the balloon store; he tripped over his own feet and fell out of the car, head first onto the curb!!!  He was an emotional wreck there for a couple of minutes- luckily though there wasn't any bleeding and he cheered right up as soon as I reminded him we were at the store for him to pick out a balloon.  Later that same afternoon Cohen took a dive out of the car onto our garage floor face first--- his poor bump on his forehead was pretty gnarly looking... I don't know what it was about the boys and falling that day, it never happens, but for some reason or other Valentine's just wasn't Cohen or Ian's lucky day. Spencer and I celebrated the following Monday afternoon, one week later, since he had the day off of work--- we went to lunch and a movie while his parents sat the boys for us and my lover gifted me with my very own new Nook color!!!  I used to love reading books before I owned a Nook, however I simply never had the time to visit the library or bookstore to check out new books I was interested in, but man oh man how the Nook has changed my life!!!  Now I'm totally a book nerd and I anxiously seek out any spare minutes during my days that I can seize to read... I LOVE IT!!!

0 comments: