St. Patty's Day...
I know, I've got it all backwards. Instead of posting about the 17Th, I should be posting about Valentines Day and the events that took place during January and February first, but I'm not your traditional blogger; I like to do things my own way in my own order.
So here's a glimpse from our day last week celebrating
St. Patrick's.
The boys were all dressed in green.
I caught Noah two or three times trying to pinch his brothers Ian & Bentley.
He thought that because they weren't wearing green shirts they were fair game to be pinched;
however I explained to him at least 10 times that day that they couldn't be pinched
because they had green on their shirts and Bentley had green on his pants.
We ate green eggs and ham for breakfast
and drank green milk and green mint chocolate chip milkshakes!
(Just for the record, I don't normally give my boys ice cream or milk shakes for breakfast,
but every now and then- especially on holidays- I spoil them with the sweet treat).
Noah & Ian refused to eat their eggs
(they ate their ham)...
Cohen didn't have any objection to eating the eggs though...
I even dished him seconds!
After the kids ate their breakfast, we went to Thanksgiving Point to meet my sister Tricia and three of her kids. We toured Farm Country.
My kids love it there; only problem is after leave Farm Country, my car load of boys tends to smell like a herd of cattle too!
We let the kids feed the goats (one tipsy goat fell up against fencing that was loose and nearly came tumbling out onto my boys- it was both funny and frightening to watch).
Bella made friends with a llama.
Trish and I were afraid the llama would spit at her, it didn't though.
After we visited all the animals at the farm we let the kids ride the ponies.
Following our visit to the farm, we came back home and napped, then that evening, Grandma and Grandpa Campbell came over for dinner.
I made the traditional Irish meal for dinner...
cabbage, potatoes and corned beef in the crock pot.
We also all ate pots of gold (cubed lemon jello in a bowl).
It's the only time during the year that our family eats corned beef,
but I have an idea that Cohen just may be begging me to make it more often.
The kid alone nearly ate the whole brisket
For dessert I made rainbow cupcakes (gluten free). I found the idea in the Family Fun magazine; click here for the recipe. They're super easy to make but take a bit more time to prepare. The boys loved them!
Grandpa and Ian enjoying a cupcake.













0 comments:
Post a Comment