Tuesday, July 13, 2010

School's out for the summer...

Noah finished preschool the last week in May.  He really enjoyed the time he spent at school through out the year and learned an awful lot.  He had a fabulous teacher, Mrs Stewart, and great classmates, his favorite being his cousin Daniel.

In lieu of doing a graduation ceremony for all the students (because seriously, it get's to be too much when as parents we have to attend a graduation ceremony for our children finishing preschool, then again for Kindergarten, then for 6TH grade, 8TH or 9TH grade and FINALLY 12TH grade), the school had a Circus Day the last day of school.  Learning Dynamics went all out on Circus Day; all the teachers and staff were dressed up as clowns, balloons were EVERYWHERE and little blow up lions and tigers were strung from the ceilings chasing through hoola hoops of fake fire!!! The decorations were truly a feast for the childrens eyes and imaginations.

Below are the flowers and bookstore gift card that Noah presented his teacher with... (Spencer picked out the vase of flowers from the store; I thought the smiley vase was a little cheesy but apparently all the teachers LOVED it as I was later told)...

It really was especially extra neat that Noah got to be in the same class/school as his cousins Daniel and Bella.  They shared a lot of good times together; particularly on the rides to and from school! Gotta love that BUG JUICE that Aunt Tricia introduced him to; now he's hooked on it!
We're happy it's summer now; I think we all were ready for a little break from school (mom especially. I LOVED that little bit of time while Noah was in school that I got to spend with my other boys or get errands done, but I was getting tired of planning around school hours every Tuesday and Thursday.) 

I keep meaning to register Noah again for preschool for this upcoming year.  It begins the 2ND week in August.  Unfortunately he misses the cut off date for Kindergarten this year (the cutoff date for our school district is September 1ST, students must be 5 years old... however Noah doesn't turn 5 until September 19TH) so he'll have to repeat preschool again.  No sweat though because Learning Dynamics has an AMAZING reading program he'll start.  His younger brother Ian is now old enough for me to register him in school too.  It will cost us more to send both boys, but I'm half tempted to enroll Ian just so I'll have only 2 kids at home for 3 hours, 3 days a week.  Besides, Ian's getting to be a big kid now... he needs to make more friends of his own other than his cousins and brothers and he could use the interaction to help him with his speech and communication/social skills.  Decisions, decisions...

1 comments:

janae said...

Wait, does this mean that all your boys will also be in back to back grades?? I'm trying to do the math right now. My brother Liam's bday is Sept 14th, so he missed the cutoff as well. But in the end it was a good thing because he is nearly a year ahead of all the other guys developmentally so he's really great at sports. With Noah's motor problems, this may end up being really good for him as well. :)