Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pirate booty for Noah's classmates...

Don't you love that pirate grin on Noah's face?
Noah's a real pirate, didn't you know???

For class on Thursday, September 17TH, Noah was invited to bring birthday treats in to share with his classmates. Since Noah's birthday, the 19TH of September, is actually a real international holiday, Talk Like A Pirate Day, I decided to keep the treats centered around a pirate theme- minus the skulls and bones. We bought (I don't bake) the cutest little pirate cookies from Dippiddees Bakery in Lehi (if you haven't been to their bakery, what are you waiting for??? Their cookies and cakes are SO cute and I hear they're yummy too); we found some little treasure chest to put each cookie in and covered them with gold coins, and then each child got one of these cute little suckers- either a crab, a lobster, a seahorse or a dolphin. And for "show & tell" that day, Noah brought his Captain Hook Pirate Hat; he wanted to convince his audience even more so that he is really a pirate!
Noah's sweet teacher gave him a birthday crown to wear during class
and a little baggy of bubbles and play dough...
Just after I picked Noah up from school,
we went outside of the school to sit on the lawn and spend a few minutes with Trish and her kids.
Izzy was with her so Noah shared a lollipop with him.
I just thought I'd share this picture of him for the grandparents to see.
Isn't he adorable?

2 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Cute! The cookies look like the monopoly guy....only as a pirate!

Ruth said...

He is such a cute kid! Happy Birthday Noah! I love the cookies. How do you always find things like this?