"He flew!"
The other morning I went into the boys room to get the two kiddos out of bed; only on that particular morning, there was no need for me to get Ian out of bed, because somehow or other he'd already escaped the crib. I turned and asked Noah (the only witness) how Ian got out of bed and I repeat verbatim in his words
"He FLEW! He's Peter Pan"
No question about it, from the expression on Noah's face and the enthusiasm in his voice, my 3 year really believed that his younger brother flew out of the crib (I'm about 99% sure the kid just fell out with a big THUD. THanK GooDneSS he's got a hard head). Apparently we've watched Disney's Peter Pan movie one too many times, or maybe that one time I dressed Ian up as Peter Pan for pictures left Noah confused about Ian's identity. Whatevuh- I don't want to disappoint Noah by telling him the truth- so now whenever Ian tumbles down the stairs or falls over a toy in the playroom, Noah proclaims"He flew!"
and I add, "Yup, he flew."
I must say, the kids got one WILD imagination!
Confession: I don't have any girls of my own, yet, (hopefully one day I'll have a daughter) yet despite, we watched Disney's new Tinkerbell movie Saturday morning. It was AdoRABLE and in Noah's own words,
he said "I LOVED IT"! (of course he did, there were no scary monsters or bad guy villains to be afraid of) I was hesitant to watch it at first, in fact I'm hesitant to watch any of Disney's Princess movies with my boys; they're boys, not girls folks... they like cars and monsters, not fairy godmothers or prince charmings. I've always loved Disney's Peter Pan movie though, and I was a bit curious to know Tinkerbell's history so I caved once my sister Trish asked if I'd seen the movie and offered to let me borrow hers. Don't worry, no harm done though- my boys ARE NOT gender confused after watching the movie; I doubt we'll watch it much more though- I'd hate for my boys to beg me next Halloween if they could dress up as a fairy as I'm sure EVERY little girl who has seen the movie will ask their parents. Could you imagine?!
and I add, "Yup, he flew."
I must say, the kids got one WILD imagination!
Confession: I don't have any girls of my own, yet, (hopefully one day I'll have a daughter) yet despite, we watched Disney's new Tinkerbell movie Saturday morning. It was AdoRABLE and in Noah's own words,
he said "I LOVED IT"! (of course he did, there were no scary monsters or bad guy villains to be afraid of) I was hesitant to watch it at first, in fact I'm hesitant to watch any of Disney's Princess movies with my boys; they're boys, not girls folks... they like cars and monsters, not fairy godmothers or prince charmings. I've always loved Disney's Peter Pan movie though, and I was a bit curious to know Tinkerbell's history so I caved once my sister Trish asked if I'd seen the movie and offered to let me borrow hers. Don't worry, no harm done though- my boys ARE NOT gender confused after watching the movie; I doubt we'll watch it much more though- I'd hate for my boys to beg me next Halloween if they could dress up as a fairy as I'm sure EVERY little girl who has seen the movie will ask their parents. Could you imagine?!
3 comments:
This is adorable! Love the story...and your flying boys!
Isn't it funny what kids pick up?? Mine love Toy Story and are always throwing out random phrases from the two movies!
That is too funny! We just watched Tinkerbell the other day too. I didn't expect to like it.....I actually had no idea that it was about the "history" of how Tinkerbell came to be. I thought it was pretty cute too. Speaking of fairies and funny things kids say.....earlier that day Ember was online playing on this fairy website she loves and Logan came along and wanted to play and said to her, "I'm a big boy, I can do fairies!" Oh the irony! Ember was telling him that fairies were for girls which made him very sad. So he was pretty excited later that night when we watched the movie and he saw "boy fairies". LOL
Post a Comment