The popular kid ALWAYS wins...
Do these presidential elections resemble high school student body elections to any one else other than myself??? It's always the "cool kid" who's expected to win and in tomorrows election, probably will win;
I prefer to see the "underdog" (you know, the more QUALIFIED candidatee) win. And how is it that the PERFECT person to assume the responsiblity of president NEVER runs???
If only elections weren't based on popularity...
I'll be glad once the elections are over after tomorrow. Did I mention I'll probably end up stuck in some line at the polls tomorrow for hours just so I can get my vote in.
Gotta ROCK THE VOTE, as my generation prefers to call it. I prefer to stand in long lines at amusement parks, not election polls.
Oh before I forget, a couple of weeks ago Spencer found the funniest/most pathetic commentary/interview that was aired on the Howard Stern show (by the way, we are NOT fans of Howard Stern, he's just usually creepy and disgusting). In the interview, it was either Howard Stern or one of his people he employs (can't remember) who took to streets and asked random strangers to answer a few questions regarding their personal political beliefs. Most of the people he interviewed sounded well educated and they were very articulate. The person conducting the interview asked each person, who all, (except one) very pridefully proclaimed they were supporters of Obama for President, 1. if they were in favor of Obama's campaign wanting to keep the troops over Iraq. Every person who was interviewed said "YES"- every one of them wanted to support the troops and felt it would be catastrophic to end the war early!
2. Stem cell research. Do you favor Obama's stance keeping the research illegal? If I remember correctly, every person said they thought is was cool Obama was fighting against it. One dude even called stem cell research "FREAKY".
3. How do you feel about Obama's vice presidential pick, Sarah Palin?
Every person interviewed LOVED that Sarah was Obama's running VP pick!
Funny thing is, even though all of these people (minus the one dude) expressed their desire to see Obama as the next president, every one of them were in favor of McCain's policies. Interesting huh?
I can't say every one of these people are idiots, I'm sure a few were just ADD and didn't listen entirely to each and every question before they chose to answer, but come on, SERIOUSLY, the majority of the people he interviewed really were idiots! The real intent of the interview was to determine whether or not if this election was just a race war; say what you want, everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I haven't really given it much thought; I think what this interview really uncovered was the FACT that U.S. citizens are just plain IGNORANT. If Howard Sterns staff conducted this interview in 50 other major cities through out the U.S., I'm willing to bet they'd get the same responses. NO ONE HAS A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON IN POLITICS HERE IN OUR COUNTRY! These are our fellow citizens who have the same right as we do to vote and nominate our next president. SCARY! These same people are probably more qualified to nominate the next winner for the MTV Music or Movie awards- at least they probably know more about Britney Spears or Brad Pitt than they do our presidential candidates.
below is the link to that interview (WARNING: it is an audio clip off of Howard Sterns show, so he does drop the f-bomb two or three times during his commentary- I don't know much about Stern, nor do I care to, but my guess is he must be from Jersey;Jersey folks use that word like "um" & "uh". Keep kids out of the room. It's HILARIOUS- I hate to laugh at the expense of someone else's error but in this case, I just couldn't help myself.)
2 comments:
i am associating with a lot of people voting for obama out here in hawaii (there weren't a lot it utah). it always cracks me up when they proudly declare they voted for obama, and follow it up with some sort of comment about him being handsome or suave.
seriously?
i'm sure obama is going to win, and i'm sure it will be fine. it just kills me that people make such an important decision based on ridiculous reasonings. if you support his policies, awesome--vote obama. but for heavens sake don't vote for him because you think he's cute.
I couldn't have agreed w/you more on this. Obama has promised to put "soda in the water fountains at school" and make sure we all get the Senior skip day we are entitled. I have only talked to one person out of many who is voting for Obama that can tell me what he actually stands for and what his policies are. Most people are caught up in the fact that he is going to CHANGE things. There is this really good clip on GLENN BECK (Shawn and I really like him) where this lady is so excited that she isn't going to have to pay her mortgage any more or worry about putting gas in her tank, because Obama is going to take care of that for her. And if she supports him, he will support her. WOW!!!
Any way that is my ramblings on the "VOTERS" of America.
Post a Comment