Snuggily Bear
I am so relieved that the weathers begun to cool down here in Utah; in fact, a week ago, it had cooled down so much so that it SNOWED one day, ALREADY!
With cooling weather, I'm forced to pull out the ol' winter clothes; sweaters, jackets, long sleeve tees and beanies; in doing so I stumbled across this cute cardigan Cohen is modeling...I had forgotten about it. Months ago, last year sometime, just after I found out we were expecting again but it was still too early to know whether we were expecting a boy or a girl, I had asked my friend/old mission companion, Shara, as a favor, to buy me a baby cardigan from Portugal while she was there visiting. I know, it sounds like such a strange request, but honestly, PORTUGUESE women are some of the best knitters in the world and while I served there on my mission, I would see these ADORABLE little knitted baby sweaters hanging from every "mom & pop shop" store window. I always wanted to buy one for myself- figuring I'd use it sometime in the future, (in fact I could have used 3) but I never found the time while I was there to buy one. I was so THRILLED that Shara found this cute little white one for me. It's PERFECT! and it wasn't too expensive (I used to love shopping in Portugal- they have FABULOUS clothes and everything is totally affordable, probably due to the fact that a lot of their clothes are made in their country and not imported from else where. The Portuguese have so much class when they dress, I love their style. I used to say, and still would if I could... if I ever become rich, I'd fly back to Portugal EVERY year just to go on a shopping spree for myself and my children... I didn't include Spencer in that last thought because I highly doubt he'd enjoy wearing penny loafers and sweaters.) Anyhow, I'm so thankful things finally got cool around here so I could have Cohen actually wear the cute little sweater before he outgrows it (you may notice from the picture that the sweaters already a little small on him; another week or two and I'm sure it won't fit him).
Okay, I'm ridiculous cause I'm blogging about a cute, little baby cardigan- could you imagine folks what I'd be like if I had a girl??? I hate going into stores where I spot adorable little girl outfits cuz I find myself wishing I could get them, but of course, I can't cuz I have ALL BOYS. Oh well.
Anyhow, thought while I was at it, I'd throw in this other cute little picture of Cohen wearing one of the Baby GAP winter essentials; it's a little teddy bear onesy outfit, complete with ears on top. I LOVE it because the fabric it's made from is so soft and fuzzy;
2 comments:
I love your darling snuggly bear! So cute! Love the Portuguese cardigan as well, it looks so cute! Glad he could wear it at least once!! :)
Awe, I actually like winter and dressing really warm and cuddling in the warm blankets. Too bad Houston never really gets that cold.
Also Cohen is so adorable. I think he is around the same age as Scott would be. All your boys are very cute. And I am sure you don't get as much drama as with a girl. Girls are still way fun I have to say.
Post a Comment