Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Eye level...

Good news, I finished voting and it didn't take as long as I expected it too. In fact, I'm happy I decided to wait until today to vote and not take part in the early voting (I heard some people were waiting nearly 3 hours in line)! Spencer and I were one of the first people to vote at our voting location. We woke up at 6:30a.m., threw on a hoodie and some basketball shorts (Spencer was STUNNED I didn't make him wait so I could shower and do my makeup! come on, I'm vain, but not that vain, I can venture out in public without brushing my hair or painting my face!) drove down to Orem where we were still registered to vote, stood in line with the other 15 people who got there before us and immediately at 7a.m. sharp we were handed our ballot. It was EASY, BREEZY! Thank goodness we got there when we did though because the line was LENGTHY by the time we left- poor folks had to stand out in the rain. Confession: I probably didn't know 90% of the names of those people running for office; you can't really blame me- all the medias been so focused on the Presidential nominees, no air times been given to other candidates running for other offices. Hopefully the people I chose to elect are worthy of my vote.

Spencer's dad decided to come over and stay the night with us last night so that Spencer and I could go and vote early without having to make the boys tag along; he stayed in our new guest room I finally finished cleaning out (it only took me nearly 2 months to organize; Spencer doubted our old queen size bed would fit in the room along with our book shelf,computer and desk; he nearly gave away our bed thinking it wouldn't fit anywhere; being the visionary woman I am, I knew better and one afternoon while he was gone I moved the bed and boxspring into the bedroom & what do you know?! it fit! now guests can come and stay with us anytime!). THANKS LES! Noah and Ian LOVED having grandpa come stay with them. We got back home from the polls just in time to clean up Ian's mess,( he had a "blow out" over night; his diaper probably weighed 10pounds EASY); I'm sure grandpa was relieved to see us cuz it spared him from having to clean up the mess.

Every Tuesday morning since we've lived here in our new house, we've made it a TRADITION to invite Grandpa Campbell over for breakfast with the boys just before he goes to work in the temple... today was no exception. You better bet the news was on in the background while we ate... I'm so sick of hearing about these elections, but I can't keep myself from watching the news coverage on them today. (Remember guys, I once had the dream of becoming a news anchor) Spencer found a channel on our Direct TV that allowed us to watch ALL 8 major news channels AT ONCE; it's a news junkies paradise! Is it funny to anyone else other than myself how it seems that ALL the major television networks seem to favor Obama for President?! It's obvious Viacom (the television network who owns MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon) favors Obama. I've seen them interview him numerous times, or do a special about his campaign trail, but never once have I seen them ever interview McCain. It's cRAzY how much power and influence these television networks have during these elections! And money! O.M.G.!!! It's cute that we try to encourage the kids in grade schools to pursue their dreams of one day maybe becoming the next President of the United States, but I fear we fail to inform them of the obvious- THEY MUST HAVE MONEY!... I thought this was thought provoking... if Obama wins, do you think he'll make Oprah his Secretary of State? I heard she's throwing him a HUGE victory party later this evening. I wonder if she's doing it to gain something from it??? hmmm... I'm also wondering if he wins, whether or not if the White House might become the new "hot spot" for Hollywood celebrities... Celebrities might say to themselves, "forget about the Ivy on Melrose or the Roosevelt Hotel, I'd like to jet off to D.C. and stay with Barack in the WHITE HOUSE" Could you imagine??? Barack may just have to turn away visits from dignitaries of other countries because there's no vacancy in the White House well with Bono in one wing and Madonna and her entourage in another! Who will he do the bigger favor to, Hollywood or the people who really need his help, American Citizens???

Okay, so I'm stepping down from my soap box, er, maybe I'll need it still though for a little extra added height. You see, I finally cleaned out the garage and emptied out boxes of junk we had piled ALL over the place. I've also nearly finished hanging all the pictures and decorations on our walls, thanks to Spencer for helping. Funny thing happened yesterday though. Spencer was hanging up some floating shelves in our hall way. He asked where abouts I wanted them, and I told him to hang them at "eye level"- that's because it's a Rule in Decorating:

Always hang objects at "Eye Level".
"OK" he said...
so after he was done hanging the first shelf, I took a look at the work he'd done and was clearly upset because he didn't follow my instructions. The shelves were hung ABOVE MY HEAD! Spencer saw my disapproval and asked me what was wrong; that's when I reminded him I wanted them at eye level!
"They are at eye level, LOOK" he said and proceeded to show me.
Then he took a stab and said, "Just not your eye level, YOU'RE SHORT- I hung them at a normal persons eye level".
Thanks Spence. I needed that reminder; sometimes I forget just how short I am.
I suppose the shelves can stay where they are. Short people like myself will just have to look up I guess.

4 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Lol...that is funny. I was thinking that in the future when we finally get everything up, I will not have John choose his eye level.....they'll practically be on the ceiling.

heidizinha said...

watch fox news. they're totally conservative and offer conservative commentary. we don't even bother with cnn, etc.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

haha that's funny. Hey why don't you ever answer your phone it's not like you have three boys to take care of!

Laura said...

Eye level....I love it! I totally hear ya! It's good to have others who understand the perspective of a short person. God bless us all!