So I don't mean to brag...er, maybe I do, but GUESS WHO gets to watch the new movie release of "Twilight" TONIGHT!!!... You got it, ME!!!
"How???" you ask...
well, someone very close to me manages a theater that will be showing the film, and before they can show a new movie to the general public, they have to preview the movie to make sure there aren't any problems with the film or the sound, and tonight that person (who will remain unanimous for special reasons), invited myself and a friend to go and preview the movie with her (b.t.w. I still paid for my tickets, so even though I get a sneak peak, it won't be for free). It's a shame my sister Trish and her daughter Alauna weren't here in town (they're vacationing in So. Cal), I would have taken the two of them along with me to watch the movie in an INSTANT (they're BIG fans of the book series- in fact, if it weren't for Alauna, I don't think I would have ever read the book series. I had a lot of friends suggest I read the book, but I only trust a few people when I need GOOD book recommendations, Alauna being one of those people, and the girl's FANATICAL about the book so I caved nearly a year ago and decided to read the series- I read them all pretty quickly, but this last book of hers, "Breaking Dawn" has been a bit of a challenge- I've had the book since the first day it came out in stores, but still I'm only half way through it... it's sort of too predictable for my liking and I haven't had much time these last few months to get ANY reading done at all). I wasn't really excited to read a love story between a girl and a vampire- the plot sounded cheesy, but I wasn't disappointed with Stephenie Meyer's book series (Favor, can someone please explain to me why in the world her parents spelled her name S.t.e.p.h.E.n.i.e.??? Did they not know "Stephanie" is spelled with an "A"??? Crazy illiterate parents!)- the books are easy reads and pretty interesting; however I'll state for the record, the main character Bella really bugs me (maybe Bella portrayed on the BIG SCREEN won't bug me nearly as much; doubtful though- I'm not a big fan of Kristen Stewart, I HATED her in "The Land of Women"). Edward's pretty cool I guess; he looks pretty CREEPY in his movie posters... WAS EDWARD SUPPOSED TO LOOK CREEPY?
PRETTY CREEPY HUH?
I thought he was supposed to look DREAMY... HMMM, well maybe I'm wrong; still he's no match for my Spencer. Seriously, if you were Bella Swan, would you want to date him??? NO! Really it's Jacob (werewolf boy) I like, oh, and Alice of course.
PRETTY CREEPY HUH?Anyhow, I'm pretty excited to have the chance to watch and get a sneak peak of the new "Twilight" movie before everyone else; SERIOUSLY, who really wants to be a part of the "Twilight" pandemonium and sit in a crowded movie theater with hundreds of NOISY die hard "Twilight" FREAKS dressed as VAMPIRES, some of whom probably really believe they're REAL vampires! NOT ME- I'll take my popcorn and enjoy watching the show with the 4 or 5 other people who may be there with me tonight.
P.S. don't worry guys; I don't plan on spoiling the movie for you who are hoping to see it- I won't say a WORD after tonight.
3 comments:
I like Jacob too!!!! Finally someone who agrees with me. You are supposed to end w/your best friend, not some guy that is dead, WAY older than you and thinks you are stupid to take care of yourself! (ask me how I really feel). I read all the books really quickly too, but they totally bugged me. I think Bella is a HORRIBLE example for young girls. And I am not really a fan of Edward @ all and it kind of creeps me out how obsessed w/him people are.
But I am very jealous that you get to see the movie early. I have a love/hate relationship w/the books. Hope its better than I am expecting.
I heard that the reason why her name is spelled with an 'e' is that her father's name is Stephen, so they spelled it like that after her father's name.
Isn't it fun to get rock star privileges every now and then?! How fun to see that movie before all the throngs of teenie girls and all us crazy moms flood the theatres to see it.
I'm going Saturday night with some friends.
And GET THIS. You know that Twilight is a BIG deal in the LDS community (yes, even here in WA) when its movie release MAKES THE RELIEF SOCIETY ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!! Yes, that's right. Last Sunday the RS president announced that a group of ladies were meeting at the theater at such and such time to see it as a big group. hahahaha
I agree with you that Edward looks pretty darn creepy in his posters. Well, in all his interviews I've seen so far he looks pretty creepy too. He's not at all how I always pictured him as I read the books. But that's ok.
I root for team Jacob personally but that's just me.
Post a Comment