He came a little early,...
but look who made his debut yesterday!
Just to set the record straight: This is NOT my baby {though he is adorable and even looks like a few of my children did at birth}. I'd hate to start any rumors... No I did not just have a baby, nor am I pregnant. I know it's probably hard to believe, after following my track record over the past couple of years in which I did consistently bear son after son, but I'm pleased to announce, this little bundle from heaven is our boys newest cousin.
Spencer's little sister, Megan, gave birth to baby boy Logan practically a whole month early. Her delivery was relatively quick and easy. Logan is a tiny thing, weighing in at just 5 pounds 6 ounces and measuring only 17.5 inches long. Our lightest baby, Noah, was a whole whopping 2 pounds, 2 ounces heavier than this little dude!!! {I probably shouldn't mention how much heavier and bigger I remember our heavy weight Cohen being at birth--- at 9 pounds Cohen looked like a man child compared to tiny little Logan.}
Megan's doing well--- I didn't ask but I imagine she's probably just feeling a little overwhelmed... her water broke in the middle of the night and Logan was born nearly a whole month early... this is her first child and since she wasn't expecting him to be born quite so early she still has lesson plans for her classroom to prepare... + initially the little guy was having a hard time breathing on his own so he's had to spend his time on earth thus far in the NICU... He's in good hands in the NICU; I know this from experiences with my own babies being in there... I still cry when I think of how tenderly the nursing staff and doctors cared for our 2 boys who had to spend their first week of life in the NICU. Fortunately, it looks as though Logan's health is improving and hopefully it won't be long before mother and son can cuddle.
I still can't believe MY baby, Atticus, will be a year old in just another two weeks! If you look closely in the picture above, you'll notice Spencer in the green holding him... BOY what a difference a year makes!!! They sure grow up FAST!!!
By accident, I captured this picture above of Linda, my mother in law; it's priceless! Without even saying a thing, the picture says it all... "Concerned grandma just itching to get her hands on and cuddle her newest little grandbaby."
Our boys sure were anxious to meet their new little cousin... don't worry, I bet you in another year or two, they'll be showing him the ropes and introduce him to all things every little boy needs to do/know about... i.e. bugs, boogers, dirt, skateboards, baseball, etc., etc.
Dare I even say how strange it felt to walk into the same hospital that I delivered all of our children at, one year later! Something you should keep in mind, I'd delivered a baby at the same hospital for 5 consecutive years in a row!!! It felt sort of nice just going there to be a visitor instead of the patient this time around.
With Logan as the newest little addition to our extended family, our boys now have 24 cousins!!! That's 6 cousins on the Campbell side of the family {3 boys/3 girls} and 18 cousins
This last picture I took on our way home from the hospital visit... All our boys packed like sardines in the car... just like I like them. Note: Cohen's wearing sunglasses... he discovered them a couple of days ago and since then he's been sporting them all.day.every.where! From the moment he wakes up in the morning, till he crawls in bed at night, he's wearing those little sun glasses. Something about him and the sunglasses reminds me of a Marine... I suppose growing up in San Diego with Camp Pendleton near by probably could explain why it reminds me of them... needless to say, his new look of being Marine sure is a far cry from his last, The Cowboy... Now that it's warming up, I've been insisting Cohen wears his flip flops over his coveted red cowboy boots--- it seems the kid has to have a fetish for something and now it's the glasses. It's Spring time with out question. Baby cows dotted the farmland between our home and grandma's and manure permeated the air; I swear the stench even singed a few of my nose hairs and burned my lungs! I count my blessings every time we drive through that part of Lehi that we didn't decide to buy a home there {however some of the homes around that particular area are gorgeous!}... I have enough stink in my house between diapers and sweaty boys, I'd hate to have to smell manure all Spring too. Just saying...
One last additional note: I need to remember to pick up some extra hair gel next time I go get my own for our boys... baby Logan has A LOT of thick black hair!!! Megs and John are going to have a lot of fun styling it, I'm sure.





0 comments:
Post a Comment