Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hip-Hip-HOORAY, It's the 100TH Day!!!

It's the 100TH day of school today! 

Hard to believe Noah's already been in school now for 100 days.  I still have that image of him in his denim color Dickies {shorts} and bright spring green shirt, with his back pack swung over his shoulder, waiting in line at the bus stop with all the other kids from the neighborhood on his very first day of school, plastered freshly in my mind... he was too nervous about his first day at school to eat any breakfast that morning, and I worried myself nearly sick wondering if he'd remember to get off at the right bus stop after school {which coincidentally, he DIDN'T}...  I kept asking myself all this morning while getting ready, how have a 100 days already come and gone?!!!  WoW!!!

His class is having a little celebration today in honor of it being the 100TH day... both the boys and girls were invited to dress up like they are 100 years old!!!  Noah was SUPER excited to dress up.  I didn't have any silver or gray hair spray, and I couldn't find any of Spencer's old specs for Noah to wear--- I found myself wishing that Spencer had owned a fedora, because all the old men I know {okay, I'm referring to all the old men I used to see lounging outside of cafes in Portugal} would wear a fedora... My Grandpa Sabin used to wear a cowboy hat and my Grandpa Truesdell wear's a cap {it sort of resembles a Newsies cap}, but the only kind of hats Spencer owns are baseball hats and I don't recall ever seeing an old man wearing a baseball cap, so we decided just to do a smooth comb over.   Ian's collection of mustaches he received for Christmas came in handy and Noah chose a nice gray one to wear--- I think it suits him nicely...  I've never seen an elderly man ever dressed poorly {they're always dressed so sharp!}, so Noah wore his Sunday best... Note: his over sized pants are being supported by fancy schmancy suspenders {I have an idea Noah might want to start wearing his suspenders more regularly to church from now on... he REALLY liked them!}...  and the bowtie... well ask yourself, have you ever seen a really REALLY old man wearing a tie???  Well of course not!  They're always wearing bowties--- that way they don't have to struggle with tying a tie.  So we dug deep into the boys dress up chest and found this really BIG bowtie.  A cane would have been a great addition to Noah's whole ensemble but we just didn't have one, so... VOILA!


This is Noah's best impersonation of what it would look like to be 100 years old!!!
He's looking pretty good, don't ya think?
It's too bad he isn't missing more of his teeth...  A toothless smile would REALLY put him over the top!


0 comments: