Monday, February 20, 2012

Fofinho!

I can't believe it... This adorable little butterball is going to be 10 months old in a week.  A week!!!  I realize it's so cliche, but it truly feels like it was just yesterday we were naming him and bringing him home from the hospital... which reminds me, I still need to read "To Kill a Mockingbird".  I haven't read it yet- I promise I DO read, a lot, just somehow I've NEVER read that book, and still to this day, every one who learns Atticus' name, they all ask me, "Oh, did you name him after Atticus- whoever- from "To Kill a Mockingbird???" and I respond sheepishly, "No. Never read it. I just liked the name and it's meaning."  Anyhow, mental note to self, need to read it, SOON! Okay, but seriously, how have 10 months already come and gone?!!!  And WHY oh WHY do I keep procrastinating when it comes to working out??? 10 months is plenty of time to get skinny again, why didn't I start working out 10 months ago?!  I could have been skinny already!!!  Seriously, it's time I start working out again, this week!  I don't want to be THAT mom, 17 years from now, at Atticus' graduation saying "Yeah, I've got a few baby pounds to shed... Oh wait, shoot, my baby's 18 and going off to college!!!"

Have you ever seen a face cuter than this?
 {Note: that's milk streamlining from his mouth to his ear}
Okay, I realize that was a loaded question... sure you've seen cute kids before... quite possibly even cuter kids- hey, I have 4 other boys; of course I think they're all equally just as adorable, but let's all be honest, there are some pretty ugly babies out there--- no ones willing to say it though... 'Nough said--- what I should have said is, "Isn't he delicious?!".  His big blue eyes, his little nose, his chubby chubby cheeks and his chin {we're still not sure WHO he resembles!}... Ooh, and if only you could see his butterball thighs- rolls upon rolls, he's absolutely.positively.scrumptious!!!  His hair's a little double o.c. {that means out of control}. Would you believe me if I told you we've already shaved his hair once and this is how much hair he's grown since August?!  I know.  Our boys certainly don't lack in the hair department.  Atticus' hair color is different--- it's not quite brown like Cohen's, and it's not blond like our other 3 boys hair was... it's not red either... it just sort of blond and sort of brown with lots of gold in it. 

He's the.happiest.baby.  We're blessed.  Truly we are.  He only ever cries when he has a messy diaper or when he's hungry.  When he's awake, he's usually giggling... at something silly his older brothers are doing.  They constantly keep him entertained.  Atticus loves to be talked to and interacted with.  He isn't yet crawling, he's close, SO CLOSE--- I expect him to be crawling any day now, but he rolls.  Boy oh boy does he ROLL and he's good at rolling.  He can get his mitts on just about anything anywhere in the room, just so long as his brothers don't stand in his way.  He's a slobber monster right now... he just cut his first two front teeth about two weeks ago.  He still prefers to stick with bottles and isn't much into food, yet {we start feeding our babies solids later than most parents at 8-9 months old because of food allergies} but we discovered last week, on Valentine's Day he LOVES chocolate, chocolate mousse that is.  He snatched my spoon out of my hand while I was eating it for dessert and DEVOURED it!

Atticus loves to squeal.  Oh his squeals!  They make me melt.  His cries though- ooh, those pierce me to the bone.  He's LOUD when he cries.  Actually LOUD doesn't even describe it.  Let's just say- his cries are nerve rattling- literally... It's a good thing he doesn't cry very often.

He's my miracle baby.  Really.  Remember my birth story???  {click here to refresh your memory- or don't, it's kind of long}... we were expecting him to have something medically wrong with him, either immediately at birth or some sort of anomaly he'd have to live with.  I know. It sounds ridiculous but if you read my birth story, you'll understand WHY we were expecting him to have problems... and, if you've followed my blog for a while now, you'll know that ALL of our children have had some major medical problems that have required hospitalization, surgery, therapy and consulting... to name a few, we've dealt with, Hypotonia, Pneumothorax, Pneumomediastinum, Transient Tachypnea of the Newborn or TTN, Pyloric stenosis, infantile scoliosisUrticaria pigmentosa, tracheobronchomalacia, Torticollis, Brachycephaly and Plagiocephaly, abdominal hernias, sacral dimples and the fear that it could be Spina Bifida, surgery for Cryptorchidism, testicular torsion... It all seems unreal right?! It's not. I could go on, but even I can't recall off the top of my head E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.... needless to say, Atticus has been our miracle baby.  He hasn't had a single thing wrong with him--- he get's an "A" when it comes to his health!

Before I forget, here's Atticus' growth chart stats at 9 1/2 months.
He's in the 62ND percentile for weight.  A whole whopping 20 pounds, 5 ounces!
He's 29 inches long which puts him in the 68TH percentile for length.
And true to form, just like his brothers, he has a big noggin... 
18.25 inches in circumference, which means, it's BIG; the 83RD percentile!


0 comments: