Monday, February 20, 2012

Doodles...

Remember this post I made from the beginning of the school year?  Okay, so I've been very careful since to always check the back of Noah's school work to see if there's anything super creative he's doodled during his spare time in class... most of the time I find doodles with hearts on them, rainbows or swirly whirly thingies but then some times, I find real gems...  like this one below...

Note: The green lettering is something I added after the fact to help identify things.
Don't you just love it?!  We recently watched some of the Chronicles of Narnia movies so our boys have this new found obsession with war and weaponry... it sounds worse than it is... really they're just boys being boys... I find there no harm in them staging a mock battle between their aliens from Toy Story and their toy soldiers and knights.  I really LOVE to see their big imaginations at work. It took me a couple guesses to identify everything that Noah had drawn... here's what he told me things were.

A.     A popper {or in other words, a gun. We call them poppers in our home}.
B.     A hand saw {hm, I'm not sure WHERE he got the idea for this one--- perhaps from a commercial for a scary movie, because I don't remember a hand saw being in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.}
C.     A sword.
D.     A bow and arrow.
E.     A catapult.
F.     His shield of honor with a fire breathing dragon on it.

0 comments: