Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Did he really just write this?" and books from the 2ND & 3RD night of our Christmas calendar......

Alright, remember this post from just two days ago??? Well, we're still counting down until Christmas arrives, and I have yet to update you on the 2ND and 3RD book we unwrapped and read as part of our new Christmas tradition...

So yesterday was Polar Express Day at Cohen and Ian's preschool- which meant they got to wear their pajamas to school and eat cookies and drink hot chocolate with their class... So cool!  They were super stoked they got to wear their p.j.'s all day long!

Yesterday, Ian unwrapped our 2ND Christmas book which was called"Can You See What I See? Night Before Christmas", written by Walter Wick.  It's an "I Spy Book"... My boys LOVE these kind of books!!!

I hope you don't mind the boys messy faces--- they'd just eaten pizza and apparently I'd forgotten to tell them to wipe their faces.  Oops!  Also, I hope you don't hate their hair either... they're all in desperate NEED of a haircut, but we don't want to shave it as we did a couple of times during the summer... instead we want to trim it down and do the faux hawks--- only problem is I can't see to bring myself to take them into the salon, because seriously, it's so not worth it to pay between $8 and $12 per cut x 5 boys (yes, Atticus desperately needs his haircut too- his hair is double O., C.--- out of control!!!)--- I'd much rather spend Spencer's $$$ on something else, SO... I found a tutorial online through Pinterest  (click here to see it) that teaches me step by step how to cut my boys hair the way I want to have it cut--- the only problem is I'm trying to get the nerve to do it.  I've never EVER cut hair EVER before and I'm such a perfectionist- I'm afraid I'll mess up... So for now, I just hope people are appreciating Noah's long shaggy hair... It sort of reminds me of Justin Bieber hair. Sort of.

Any how, tonight Cohen unwrapped our 3RD Christmas book...
 It was a book called, "The Littlest Angel", written by Charles Tazewell.
I'd never read this book before and I must say, it was precious!  I LOVED the message it shared--- my only wish is that my boys would have been little more quiet while Spencer read it so they could have heard all of it.  Perhaps we'll read it again tomorrow before church.

On another note... Noah brought home his first ever report card yesterday!  He was really excited to give it to me--- that's probably because he didn't fully understand what it was. He received all "4's",which means he's "fully mastered" everything with the exception of one "3" which meant he's only "partially mastered" what I think was the fluency or something in his handwriting.  Which really I have to laugh about, because he sure does enjoy getting real artsy when it comes to writing his name or anything else.  He likes to add eyes and hands to his "E's" and draw little swirly whirlie things at the tops of his "S's"... You get the picture, right?  Anyhow, Spencer and I are both proud of him... but, here we go... as I was going through his homework folder yesterday and looking over the school work he'd already completed and brought home with him, I found this paper below...
Okay, seems simple enough right?  He did his work correctly, except I'm not sure what all the squiggles are on the bottom of the page... anyhow, remember this post about "Bob the Outlaw" I made back in September??? I've learned since then to always turn his papers over and look to see what he's drawn on the back.  This is what I found...
Oh, cute.  My little Noah learning to write full sentences... oh wait, but WHAT exactly DID he write?  Well allow me to interpret it for you...
Um, okay, so it wasn't so cute anymore.  Easton's one of his favorite friends in class and he's writing that his head is in the toilet? WHAT?!  Gross!  I hope Noah was just being silly and not writing about something that actually happened; I suppose you never can know with a bunch of Kindergartners... What I'm more worried about it what if Easton were to see this?!  Noah could be sued for slander.  Just kidding of course... okay, so after I chuckled about it, I had a good serious discussion about it with Noah.  Later, so did Spencer.  Yep, that's our terrific grade A son writing about his classmates with their head's in the toilet!  He's a winner!!!

1 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Lol, that is definitely a Kindergarten writing. The squiggles mean they were too lazy to color in the whole box with crayons. The whole district uses that number book in Kinder. It takes them forever to color in those boxes.