Thursday, October 27, 2011

Who's got school spirit???

Noah does!!!

It's red ribbon week at school.  Yesterday was Wear Your Clothes Inside Out Day to show that you won't let drugs turn your life inside out--- Noah was SO EXCITED to wear his clothes inside out, he even asked me to help him turn his underwear and socks inside out!!!  I drew the line and told him I didn't think it would be necessary since no one would be seeing his underwear.  Funny note:  He was the only kid at the bus stop amongst 20 something kids, wearing his clothes inside out!  Yeah- he's cool like that.  Not afraid to show a little school spirit!!! 
Today was cRaZy hair day...  I spray painted blue stars all over his hair.  In a canny way, he reminded me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches or a beach ball... either way, it looked pretty cool and parents, teachers and students all LOVED IT!!!  Before I forget- I intended to use a cookie cutter in the shape of a star to paint the stars on his head--- I even gave it a test run last night just to be sure it would work...  I set it on our kitchen counter top, next to the can of spray paint but by the time I went to use both items this morning it had disappeared!!!  I've LOOKED all over the house for that darn cookie cutter- I even searched the trash! I've crossed examined all the boys, with the exception of Atticus, and yet, NOTHING!!!  It's still NOWHERE to be found!!!  I was desperate and in a hurry to get Noah off to school this morning, so I grabbed the first thing I could think of...  the lid to Bentley's FAO SCHWARZ wooden shape sorter box... it has a cut out of a star on it.  The lid is originally red, but now it's a cross between blue AND red...  What?!  It worked! (wink.wink.) Now give me some credit for fixing the problem by "thinking outside of the box".

Note to reader:
I lectured Noah over and over again NOT to touch his hair today... I just remember the mess my hair, face, hands and clothes were in 10TH grade the day I decided to dye my hair electric blue!!!  It looked SUPER COOL at the start of school, but my last class, I was a great big BLUE mess!!!  I'm happy to report Noah actually listened to me and did NOT touch his hair.  No blue mess to deal with--- HOORAY!!!

3 comments:

Jenny Nguyen said...

He looks awesome!

Laura Campbell said...

You rock, Stephanie. What a fun mom. Did he have a good day?

Valerie said...

I may have to steel this one day!