School's out!...
... and just in the nick of time!
I needed a break from shuttling the boys back and forth, to and from preschool and we were all looking forward to having Daddy (a.k.a. Spence) home and around the house a little more since as a teacher, he gets summer vacation!
The boys all had a great school year! Hands down--- Learning Dynamics Preschool is t.h.e. BEST preschool E.V.E.R.!!! Noah learned how to read (their reading program is phenomenal!) in Mrs. Chamberlin's class at Learning Dynamics...
Both boys are ALREADY asking me nearly every. single. day. when it is that they'll resume school?!... Just a couple more weeks and Noah will begin Kindergarten!!! He may even take the bus--- I'm still undecided whether or not I'll let him take it this year... And Ian will return to Learning Dynamics to learn to read AND... are you ready for this?! Cohen, YES! COHEN will begin preschool at Learning Dynamics too! For 3 days during the week I will only have the two babies at home with me during the mornings for about 3 hours!!! It may not sound like much, but I'll be able to get A LOT done during those 3 hours I normally wouldn't be able to do with all 5 of them!
And of course we can't forget, Spencer finished off a FANTASTIC school year!!! His students absolutely ADORED him! Don't believe me??? I wish I could share all of the notes, letters and cards they gave him at the end of the year telling him how he is absolutely their favor'tist (I know it's really not a word people, don't worry) teacher ever!!!
I'm extremely proud of him. He's doing what he's good at... TEACHING! It may not earn the same $$$ as an accountant or a lawyer or a dentist, but he's happy teaching and he's making a difference in our world for doing it!
Oh, and just for the record, although it may be summer break for Spencer, he's still keeping busy... he signed on in the beginning of June to teach 9TH and 10TH grade English for a school that offers students online classes... so not only does he have to create a class syllabus for both grades but he also has to design all new lesson plans and assignments. He's been reading a ton because every new book he assigns a kid he has to read himself AND he's also been busy taping footage... The online school he signed with offers its students actual video footage of each class being taught... he may actually be busier now during the summer than he was ever before during the school year, but at least for most of the work, with the exception of filming, he can do it all at home!
And as if he's not busy enough, he was elected to help design the school web page for his Middle School he teaches at during the school year!



0 comments:
Post a Comment