Pioneer Day...
We didn't do much to celebrate Pioneer Day here at home... Lame. I know. Although I did weed the flower beds--- I did it in the grueling heat... It was AWFUL! I probably won't weed outside again till it begins to cool off--- I felt like nearly passing out under the scorching sun. That's about as exciting as things got here at home... oh, well we did also light fireworks but not until Tuesday evening--- it was raining on both Sunday and Monday evening; I missed most of the fireworks; I was inside the house making dinner. One of these days we need to cook tin foil dinners over the fire out back--- that would have probably been an ideal activity to do with the boys for Pioneer Day... oh well, I didn't think of it till now. Anyhow, the weekend wasn't completely a loss, the 3 older boys had fun and spent Saturday at Grandma and Grandpa Campbell's in Orem... they spent the night at their house and then they went to their ward Pioneer Celebration--- complete with a waffle breakfast, handcarts for the kids to pull, a parade around the neighborhood that the boys got to participate in, ring tossing, coloring and cow chip tossing! The boys had a grand time ol' tossing the cow chips to one another- which b.t.w. weren't real cow chips... if you're like me and don't know what cow chips are, they're buffalo terds... Don't you worry, I'd never even heard of "cow chips" until I was in college. Some of my friends suggested we play a game of tag, using cow chips to throw at each other. I had a really hard time believing my friends that they were actually handling buffalo terds but after getting hit with a couple, I knew they weren't joking! You have to keep in mind I studied in Idaho---lots of wilderness up there and LOTS of cow chips! It's gross, I know!Not Idaho- Idaho is beautiful; just the whole cow pie thing is completely disgusting!
Enjoy the pictures!



0 comments:
Post a Comment