Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bringing home baby...

Since I'm on a roll and I'm nearly done updating the blog, I figured I'd add these random pictures we took shortly after arriving home in April with baby Atticus...

Remember this picture?

This picture was taken nearly 2 years ago when Bentley was born... I wanted to take another picture like it at the hospital when Atticus was born,  but everyone was sick, so we decided to wait...
Doesn't our family picture make you wish you had 5 little boys?!  Just kidding of course.  Yes, I LOVE each and every one of them. YES, I'm so happy they're all mine. YES, it might be nice, maybe at some point in the future to possibly add a little pink to the family portrait, maybe--- we're not promising anything for a while... A lastly, YES, you're probably already thinking it--- it's a CIRCUS living with 5 little ones; they keep us on our toes!  I wouldn't have chosen it any other way though.


Noah and Cohen were at my in laws house the afternoon we came home from the hospital with baby Atticus, so only Bentley and Ian were there to meet him.  They'd both just woken up from naps so they weren't exactly sure WHAT was going on! i.e. Where I'd been for the past day and a half or who this new little person was we brought into our home.
My mom kept Bentley within arms reach, just in case he decided to get too rough with the baby.  He didn't, but we had to be safe... there's no telling how he would react to having another little baby around.
Ian was smitten with Atticus... It was LOVE at first sight!
I think perhaps he LOVES him so due to all of those months while I was pregnant with Atticus and we'd tell Ian that Atticus was going to be his special brother, born on his birthday.
I didn't do much when I first got home... I think I just napped on the couch for a couple of hours... I needed the sleep--- couldn't get much the night before at the hospital with all of the nurses and doctors coming and going from my room!
I thought transitioning from a family of 6 to a family of 7 wasn't too difficult... piece of cake!wink. wink. It WAS however slightly exhausting in the beginning... I took any and every opportunity I was given to catch up my sleep. I needed it, life has been busy and taking care of 4 older boys didn't help slow it down at.all.

Cohen didn't want anything to do with Atticus for the first 5 days... he refused to go near him... then one afternoon, after I had finished changing the Atticus' diaper, he warmed up to him... he approached him with LOTS of caution...
Then Cohen decided to feed him!
Not bad for a brotherly bonding moment!  Ever since, Cohen has been quite the protector of Atticus.

Did I mention before how Bentley can't keep his paws off of Atticus?! It's true.
I call the boys the mob.  They like to mob me and the baby anytime we sit down together!
The following picture below was taken during Atticus' first bath... I wrote in an earlier post about how Noah used to call Atticus our "brown baby"--- I'd say matched up against this blue tub, Atticus looks more like an orange, sort of like terra cotta, to me.
He was so precious and cute!  He had REALLY long fingers, feet and toes.
This picture below REALLY gives me an idea of just how tiny Atticus was when he was born... the giraffes head was BIGGER than Atticus... the thing really isn't that BIG but apparently next to a newborn it is!

1 comments:

Ruth said...

I just love the pictures with all the boys and you.