Friday, July 16, 2010

I need a new best friend...

... One preferably who lives in Utah...

... because my current best friend just moved half way across the country!
Cohen LOVES Tricia. 
He was the first to give her a hug good bye.  
He thinks of Tricia as his second mother.

Almost immediately following our move, my sister Tricia and her family moved.  For a long time they'd been thinking of moving to Texas, where her husband's work was taking him more and more; then the 2ND to last week in June, everything just sort of fell in place and they found a home outside of Dallas. The house they moved to is beautiful and BIG enough for their growing family of 10.

I was really sad to see her go.  I mean she's become not only a sister to me but also my best friend.  We've done a lot together with our families; my boys LOVE Trish and her younger kids are best friends to my kids.  They weren't just cousins, they were besties.

I don't think it's really struck me yet entirely that she's moved... that will take some time I think. I've been distracted with my own unpacking to do. For now, it just feels like they've gone on vacation.

The next time I see her she will have a new addition to her family; she's due to have her baby girl in September.

Noah misses Tricia's family the most.  He keeps telling me every evening that he has a lot of money in his wallet he can use to buy a plane ticket to go see Tricia and her family.  I've told him that's a great idea, but he can't go visit her until he saves up enough money for me to go to.  Is that wrong that I'm mooching off my kid???

I miss her.  I miss her liter of kids.  Thank the heavens we have texting and phones! We talk a lot! Just ask Spencer.  Anytime my phone rings or he sees me talking on the phone, he assumes it must be Trish.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so sorry to hear your beautiful sister is leaving. She sounds like the perfect sister. I hope you guys are able to visit each other.

Tricia said...

I'm so glad you got this pic of me & Cohen... although I wish it would've captured his excitement when he saw me & started running towards me w/ his arms wide open... It was like his little spirit knew I was leaving :( sniff sniff )

BTW, I can't believe you're soliciting for a new BF! We'll always be BF's even if we live on two seperate continents ;)

Let's start planning a reunion w/ Celeste, Janna, Jeff, Mom & Dad so we can all get together SOON!!!!!... See More