Celebrating the 4TH of July...
To say I LOVE the 4TH of July would be an understatement. Summer never feels as though it has officially begun until the 4TH rolls around. It is most definitely my favorite holiday. Perhaps it's because on this day, we celebrate the birth of our nation and join together with family and friends to watch fireworks, enjoy the sun and summer heat, eat yummy food and have summertime fun!
This year we...
...watched the hot air balloons inflate at the Balloon Festival in Provo with Grandpa Campbell...
... the boys were terrified of getting too close to the balloons
so we kept our distance some.
I baked a couple of pies for the 4TH.
It's going to be a new tradition I start for Memorial Day, Labor Day and Independence Day.
Nothing's more American than a good ol' pie!
Below is the gluten free lemon meringue pie I baked.
Mmm, SO GOOD! It was my absolute fave and totally easy to make.
Gluten free key lime pie with a gluten free graham cracker crust.
Also delish!
We invited Spencer's family over to our home to celebrate the 4TH with us.
We swam...
... following our dip in the pool, we gathered back at the house to eat hoagies,
potato salad, cold slaw, chips, watermelon,
star shaped jello jigglers and drink rootbeer...
... and just before driving out to the lake to catch the firework displays around the valley,
we ate pie and chilled off with some popsicles.








0 comments:
Post a Comment