Summer cuts....
This picture makes me chuckle...
...my little Lex Luther...
The vote is unanimous... My boys look MUCH BETTER with hair! (all but Cohen; he actually looks "OKAY" with a shaved head). By trial and error we've determined this. Thank GOODNESS hair grows back! My boys are especially lucky because their hair grows FAST!Two weekends ago I was cleaning out the boys closets and had a "to do" list that ran miles long. It was already approaching 11 a.m. and my boys still hadn't been bathed, dressed or had their hair done for the day. Feeling a little overwhelmed, and a bit less than enthusiastic to do their hair that actual day, I suggested to Spencer that he take the boys out back and shave their heads; thus eliminating any need for me to shampoo or style their hair that day or any following day till it grows back. (SERIOUSLY people, styling the boys hair is SUCH a CHORE! It always takes me at least a good additional 20 minutes to do all of the 3 older boys hair!) I suppose I could have just taken them to Cookie Cutters Hair Cuts for Kids where I normally take them for hair cuts, but I was also feeling a bit frugal this day and didn't like the idea of spending another $55 on hair cuts and styling gel. Spencer was totally game for shaving the boys heads (he's been threatening to do so for months), so with my permission he went right to it. I stayed inside and finished organizing a closet before heading downstairs to find 2 of the 4 boys ALREADY COMPLETELY BALD! Let me tell you, it was a SCARY sight! I wasn't expecting Spencer to completely "Bic" their heads! My babies looked like they had just been liberated from some prison camp or released from a hospital. Geesh they all need to get a tan! Particularly on those bald heads of theirs!
Funny thing about the haircuts... NOAH DID NOT WANT TO GET HIS HEAD SHAVED! He A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y. REFUSED to let Spencer touch his hair! My boy L.O.V.E.S. his faux hawk; talk about vain for a four year old! His hair is and always has been his "pride and joy"! It's his signature look. Ladies LOVE it and dudes dig it! The hair ALWAYS demands eyes on him attention WHERE EVER we go. I can't even begin to count how many times we've gone somewhere, whether it's out to eat, or to the supermarket or the zoo; people comment on his hair EVERY WHERE we go! It took some SERIOUS negotiating on our part, before Noah relented and allowed Spencer to buzz his head. You may be wondering to yourself right now...What was it that finally convinced Noah to let Spencer shave his head??? He agreed to take Noah and the rest of the fam bowling that afternoon. Now my little dude looks like Caillou.
I HATE Caillou and I feel terrible that Noah has heard me express my "dislike" about Caillou before in the past; I pray that he doesn't become terribly confused and think I hate him now too because he heard a couple of family members call him "Caillou". I could never NOT like my baby... I LOVE HIM TOO MUCH!
The cuts are all starting to grow on me now that it's been two weeks. Their hair is all starting to grow back in. The boys all still need a good tan, but then again, there's nothing I can do to help them work on those... it's been raining and SNOWING (YES, we woke up to SNOW two days ago!) here... the SUN definitely needs to make an appearance and stay a little while. I've had a harder time than ever telling Noah and Ian apart now; they look almost EXACTLY alike with the same "do". Poor kids are going to have a terrible time understanding "who's who???" by the time their faux hawks grow back.
I just LOVE this picture and thought I'd add it...
...One morning we looked over to see Cohen laying on our bedroom floor,
with his leg crossed over his other leg like a little gentleman,
rubbing Bentley's head...
so SWEET!
*B.T.W. I don't normally find pleasure or humor of any sort watching any of my boys cry, as they clearly are doing in the first two pictures, but I have to laugh thinking of what was happening when I was trying to take these pictures... Bentley just turned 9 months old a week and a half ago, so I wanted to take a picture of him in the buff, to show all the fam his baby rolls and folds of fat all over his body that we LOVE so much... normally, he's so HAPPY, EASY and just GOOD NATURED but on this particular morning he just wasn't having it and fussed all morning long... even for pictures. While I had the camera out, I thought I'd get a group shot of all four boys in their bald likeness... easier said than done. 3 were willing to participate in the photo shoot, but Ian refused to corporate. After nearly 20 minutes of trying to coax him down off of my bed, he complied, but as he was rolling off my bed, he bumped heads with Cohen and the wailing ensued! I had hoped that maybe after a few minutes the two of them would calm down so I could snap a decent picture, but I had no such luck. The crying continued until I decided it was time they take their mornings naps and laid them both down to sleep. Just in case you were wondering, YES, it was one of THOSE mornings here in our home that day.







5 comments:
I'll admit, I love that first picture, too. They just look so distraught over their buzz heads and they are so cute!
Oh my goodness Stephanie...that 1st picture is too funny!!! So cute those boys are :)
It was good to hear from you. I can't believe that you were pregnant with your fifth!! I guess you are still going strong. I think I am done. I don't know how much more I can take!! How have you done it getting pregnant so close together! Your boys are cuties - even if they are bald!
That is hilarious. I think they look cute. I love the pictures. I seriously couldn't stop laughing with your commentary. So funny.
too cute!
Post a Comment