Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our sick PaRtY!

The boys are all still sick.  This is day number two.  Spencer's sick too (he's NEVER sick) but despite feeling GREEN, he had no choice but to go to school today and teach 9TH graders English (he's in the middle of doing his student teaching) and as if it's not hard enough just trying to make it through an 8 hour work day when you're sick, it's Wednesday, which means in the evenings, he has 5 hours of mandatory class to attend if wants to stay on track and receive his Masters in August.

I was pleased with the weather today; a storm was blowing through, so I didn't feel guilty about keeping the boys inside today with their jammies on (let's face it... it's the pits when you're sick and the weather outside is GORGEOUS and sunny!).

I decided to spruce up the monotony of staying inside and throw the boys a SICK PARTY today!

What is a SICK PARTY you ask???

Well, only those people who are sick of course may attend...

The event took place here at our house... (a germy location is IDEAL for throwing a fabulous sick party).

The celebration took place ALL DAY!

The party dress attire consisted of PAJAMAS!
(I also made an exception and let Bentley go with out waering his helmet today; poor kid had a little fever this morning- I didn't want him to be any more uncomfortable than he already was).
The activities consisted of NAPPING, NAPPING and more NAPPING!  When the party guests weren't sleeping they lounged around in Mom and Dad's BIG bed and watched movie after movie!
Here's a look at just some of the "NECESSITIES" a host throwing a SICK PARTY must have...
...of course I forget to add tissues, LOTS of tissues, Vicks Vapo plug ins, pillows, blankets and the boys giraffe blankees.
(side note: Don't worry, those grilled cheese sandwiches were made on gluten free corn bread; grilling the bread is about the ONLY way we like to eat it; otherwise the bread is just plain gross!)

The boys had fun at their SICK PARTY and they definitely got their fill of popsicles for the MONTH!
The party was a SMASHING success and hopefully just what the doctor ordered! I'm PRAYING that some of the uninvited party guests (the germs) don't linger around our house for too long; instead of staying for weeks, like they usually do, this time around I hope they just stay for another day or two.  Those germs REALLY know how to kill a party (if you know what I mean).

Oh and just in case you were worried about me (which you probably weren't); yes, I'm starting to get a little sick, but my symptoms are mild... I decided that after pampering my boys all day today and yesterday, I needed a little bit of pampering myself, so I decided to splurge on lunch today and order a gluten free meal from P.F. Changs for "take out".  It was d.e.l.i.s.h.!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

What a great idea. I hope everyone feels better soon.

Shara said...

You're such a fun mom. SERIOUSLY. turning a sick day into a party! Hope everyone is feeling better today & that your symptoms go away asap!