Wednesday, April 28, 2010

38 years!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!  
As of today my parents have been married for 38 years! That's pretty remarkable since nearly half of all marriages these days end in divorce.  Like any good marriage that lasts, my parents have had to work hard at theirs and they've had their fair share of disagreements but somehow by days end they've always seemed to settle their matters. They raised and parented 5 of us kids and are the grandparents to 21 grandchildren! They're still very much supportive of each others passions and hobbies and affectionate with one another.   Most importantly they respect each other and put each others needs and feelings first before any thing else.

I love them so much and I am so thankful that some 38+ years ago they crossed paths at work.  

I did some thinking last night about both mine and Spencer's parents and I've concluded we're pretty lucky to both have parents whose marriages have worked (his parents have been married now for 41 years!).   I'd be lying if I didn't say they've been examples for us on what a good marriage is all about!  Isn't that what society needs now a days?! Hollywood glorifies couples who have been together for 5 years in marriage, so in that case I believe my parents and my in laws deserve an Oscar! (just kidding about the Oscar but they definitely deserve recognition and praise).

I LOVE YOU MOM and DAD!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

wow, congratulations!

Aunt Sandra said...

Get those side burns and short dress... Your mom will shoot you when she sees this picture. Wasn't she gorgeous?

SNSsoup said...

YES! I she was! and she was tiny too! I remember trying on that little dress in high school and it wouldn't even fit over my ribs! And that was my mom AFTER she'd already had Celeste! You know Sandy, all of you girls were and are gorgeous! I've seen your wedding pictures too. Alice and Francis had some good genes!

Anny said...

I love your mom's dress!