Friday, March 19, 2010

God gave us snow... so we made SNOW CONES!

It snowed here two weeks ago... it shouldn't sound all that surprising since snow is usually the "norm" here in Utah during winter, but this winter has been pretty dry. I can count the number of times it has snowed here this year on one hand! That's pretty pathetic, since on all of our Utah license plates is boasts "Utah: the greatest snow on earth!".

Anyhow, like I previously said... it SNOWED! A LOT!  The boys were looking for something to do that afternoon, so... I decided since God gave us snow, to let them make snow cones!



No need to worry folks; the snow was fresh and clean and we only made snow cones that ONE time. I must admit though; those were some pretty darn good snowies! I'm pretty convinced that no person on earth and no shaved ice machine can make better shaved ice than the HEAVENS ABOVE!

Funny little side note: Earlier this winter Noah was over at Tricia's house for an afternoon playing with her kids outside in the snow ... When it came time for all the kids to come in from playing Noah was reluctant. He LOVES the snow! Not necessarily playing in it but EATING it! When I went to pick Noah up, Tricia's kids told me that he ate all the snow in their backyard! Obviously they were exaggerating; I mean who eats 1/2 an acre of snow in one afternoon! He's capable of eating a lot of snow, but not a whole darn football field!  Noah is the kid who hurries outside as soon as the front door opens just to grab a bite of snow. He's also the same kid who eats the dirty snow in the mall parking lot; and try as I may, I tell him it will make him sick, but the kid always still sneaks a bite of it while I'm packing his brothers into their car seats!

I don't suppose I helped this compulsive bad behavior of his, but even I couldn't help myself! Who wants to wait for summer to buy a snow cone when during winter we have "the greatest snow on earth"!

1 comments:

Ruth said...

so fun!