January...
As you can probably imagine, since January was already some 3 months ago, I've forgotten A LOT about and of what details or silly things the boys may have said during that month. I remember being SICK a lot- morning sickness ALL DAY, nearly EVERY DAY, even with my Zofran medication I was taking twice a day. The boys were sick some too- this has been a brutal winter; it seems as thought at least 2 of the boys have been sick every two or three weeks since the end of October; the sick germs just won't go away! I scrub my house from top to bottom EVERY week in bleach and other cleaning solutions but still have yet to win the war against colds and germs this season... it's SO FRUSTRATING!
We enjoyed a few good visits from a couple of friends we don't get to see too often. My old roommate from college/good friend, Danielle, came to visit us from Washington D.C. where she has been living the past couple of years; she was here for 5 days and stayed with us for one of those nights before heading back home. It was nice to chat with her in the company of another friend of ours by the name of Rachel; we had the chance to "catch up" and reflect on the past, remembering all the silly things we did together when we were roomies. Lacy, one of my mission companions, also came to town for a visit near the end of January with her little boy, and it was fun "catching up" on things for one afternoon while she was out here from Texas.
Les and Linda, my in-laws, celebrated their 40Th wedding anniversary in January. We celebrated with them over dinner at The Macaroni Grill one evening with Spencer's sisters, Laura and Megan, and family friends, Mata and Eden; it's ALWAYS FUN getting together with family to celebrate while eating GOOD food! A week or two after eating out with them, we surprised Les and Linda early one morning over at the Scera show house by having them watch a 30 minute movie Spencer put together about the family. Spencer used clips from family home movies and photographs to compile the movie- it took him a LONG time to make the movie but his hard work was well worth it. I don't think there was a dry eye among the family and friends in attendance who came to watch it with us. Les and Linda are an INCREDIBLE couple!
There's NEVER been a boring moment in our household; the boys ALWAYS make sure to keep things ALIVE around here. One morning we woke up to find them already awake in their bedroom... they'd woken up early only to open their closet and COMPLETELY empty all their clothes and blankets out into Ian's crib, ALONG WITH all the books off their bookshelves. Everything in the room was completely out of place! It literally kept me busy for two hours after wards cleaning up after them. I've ALREADY began to wonder for myself sometimes whether my boys think of me as their mother or CONFUSE me sometimes for their personal maid???
even after we caught he and Ian destroying their room!
apparently my children don't react the same as "most" children would!
Noah enjoyed one or two sleepovers at his grandparents house in January;
I'm not really sure what he does during his sleepovers. I KNOW he usually stays awake a bit later than he's used too because Grandma looses track of time; I'm pretty sure it's fair to assume he's SPOILED ROTTEN during his stay with Grandma and Grandpa Campbell- he's got the two of them wrapped around his little finger.
Here he is eating an ice cream cone with grandpa and Eden.
I bet he thought he was in heaven.
It's not very often I give him ice cream; especially in a cone...
I can't stand the sticky results!
Apparently Linda bought Noah his
very own toddler bed to sleep in just for sleepovers!
Even more funny is that she's moved the tot bed into her room!
If she wants to let a 3 year old sleep in her room with her and keep her up late and wake her up at the butt crack of dawn, she's welcome to do so...
I would NEVER do it... but she's more than welcome too!
Noah's napping with this HUGE ugly bird puppet of some sort.
I'm pretty sure it's at least 30 years old (something Linda probably found stuffed away in a box downstairs in storage) and it's probably never ever been washed during its existence.
Kinda grosses me out that my kid was sleeping so closely to it!
While Noah's over at his grandparents on sleepovers, he's put to work every morning feeding the birds outside with grandpa; regardless of rain or snow, it's work that HAS TO BE DONE- though I've asked myself this question now once or twice... what birds hang around Utah when winter looks like this?!
Cohen was HAPPY to have the extra company in bed...he looks more annoyed
and as if though he wants me to rescue him from the situation.
They're both ready for bed with books and flashlights by their side
and sippies in hand (don't worry, it's not milk or juice, just a little bit of H2O).
Walking with Dinosaurs came to town in January and we were lucky enough to get two tickets to watch the event.
Eating popcorn and just waiting for the show to begin...
but I do remember I've seen them before on Jurassic Park.
I wouldn't want to have an encounter with "Mr. T" in the wild.
lucky we found him a pair of these dino feet slippers after the show was over
so that he can wear them around the house to scare everyone with!
My mother in law, Linda, had an extra ticket to the Draper Temple Open House and took Noah with her one Saturday in January.
Last of all, thought I'd mention that I caved and bought one of these jumper thingies for Cohen. We've always used the jumper you hang in the doorway and an exersaucer for our other children, but the excersaucer takes up too much space so in our move here last August, I left it behind at Spencer's parents house, and the jumper we've had is always such a pain to hang and remove from the doorway, it was time to downsize and get some sort of jumping contraption that would function as both toys had before... this is what I found and Cohen ABSOLUTELY L.O.V.E.S. it, not to mention, the older boys do too! Ian's climbed into it at least 10 or 12 times, only to get stuck trying to get out of it, and Noah's given it a try at least once or twice.
3 comments:
Like his Mother sleeping in weird places and positions!
Your boys are so cute. I know exactly what you mean about the boys thinking you are their personal maid... but teaching them to clean up is harder. I hope it pays off as the years go on. Sorry to hear you guys were sick the whole month - I hate it when the boys are sick!
Oh man, I hate when the kids destroy their entire room. Drives me nuts! And we did the same thing with the latter. In about two weeks Seara had figured out how to climb up and down (she's half monkey, I swear). We ended up keeping it that way, though, because when the latter was up Lija would climb up into her bed when they were both supposed to be sleeping. Without the latter they got bored a lot more quickly.
Just a funny side - the winter after Lija was born we got some 6 different flus and 8 different colds. Seriously, for six months straight at least one person in the house was sick. It was awful. I was anal about sharing cups, switching spoons, etc. I disinfected everything and washed all our hands a thousand times a day, and still we were sick. The next year I did away with all of that. I was still my clean self, but I didn't worry about disinfecting toys, switching cups, spraying things off all the time, etc. I pretty much let the kids get germy. And you know what? Seara got one cold, Elijah got a 24-hour flu, and that was it! No other sickness!! It was crazy. My doc says he thought what might have happened is that the first year I was so clean that we didn't get close to any bugs until they were fully developed and strong, so we'd get hit hard. Then the second year we got all the bugs early while they were weak, and our bodies self immunized so we never got anything. I don't know if it's true, but I've been much more lax since then and we never get sick. This last week Elijah got the flu and Enoch got a cold - and that's the first thing we've had since we moved here last May! Anyway, you obviously can do whatever you want. Just thought I'd share cuz it was interesting. And cuz you and I share the anal-cleaning thing. :)
ps. I *love* your posts. I so look forward to them!
Post a Comment