Step aside Victoria Secret & Calvin Klein...
... I think we can ALL agree that Paul Frank makes the "bestest" and the "hippest" designer underwear NOW.
Check these out...
I kept telling Noah to run over and look at the monkey in the mirror to see if he was smiling- NO LUCK with the smiles...
Now check out the following; there's others to match, only each pair is for a DIFFERENT DAY OF THE WEEK!!! Try telling me you just didn't L.O.V.E. your days of the week underwear when you were little. YOU CAN'T! And you always had a favorite day of the week underwear you wanted to sport EVERY DAY of the week, but your mom wouldn't let you. Noah's favorite is WEDNESDAY'S- the pirate monkey.
Sunday is Game Day Monkey- ready to play some b-ball; Monday is Nerdy Worker Monkey; Tuesday is Evel Knievel Monkey; Wednesday is Pirate Monkey; Thursday is Fire Chief Monkey; Friday is Goofy Monkey; Saturday is Beach Bum Monkey.Alright so I'm getting to point where I NEED Noah to FINALLY be potty trained; as of this month he's technically 3 1/2 years old and I CAN'T have 4 kids in diapers, I just can't!!! + I want him to be able to take swimming lessons on his own, but in order for him to do that HE HAS TO BE POTTY TRAINED; but PLEASE, DON'T offer me any potty training advise; I think it's fair to say I've received enough over the last year- and please, please, please, after this day don't ask me how the potty training is going! I'll be sure to let you know once he's COMPLETELY, SUCCESSFULLY POTTY TRAINED! P.S. when I say "COMPLETELY" I mean totally potty trained, not any of that ""OOPS" he just had an accident and peed on the floor" or pooped in his pants stuff DAILY that I hear from other moms- I'm sorry to be BRUTALLY HONEST- but your kid IS NOT POTTY TRAINED if he's still peeing or pooping in his pants! And oh yeah; over the course of the last two weeks we've spent A LOT of time around a lot of other little boys either Noah's age or just older by a year or two, who, "supposedly" were potty trained... umm, I say supposedly because on a couple of occasions I believe I was the next person in line to use the bathroom after these little boys and 3 out 4 times I stepped in PUDDLES OF PEE in front of the toilet!!! GROSS! If an adult, a child, or who ever can't pee directly in the toilet and instead pees all over the floor, I DON'T CONSIDER THEM POTTY TRAINED!!!
For a while, Noah was pretty good about using the toilet over at Spencer's parents house- I think maybe it's cause Grandma bribed him with Chucky Cheese or maybe she just had the PATIENCE to sit in the bathroom with him every hour for 45 minutes- I don't have the patience or the time. Grandma bought Noah some underwear that had Diego on them and he likes Diego the cartoon but he wasn't too interested in wearing Diego the underwear. Okay, so how about ones with Tigger? Nope, he INSISTED on wearing his diaper instead, which I wouldn't let him so I made him spend a morning or two in the bare buff- he was SO UPSET about being naked from the bottom down!
I decided to buy him a rewards chart. Just for him.
If you look real close at the chart above, you'll notice there are still NO yellow stars; there are a lot of red stars but not yet 20, that's because for anytime he's TERRIBLE or throws a temper tantrum he has to give me one of his red stars back- he's given me at least 20 in the last two and a half weeks, and he's almost reached his first goal of 10 blue stars for going potty. He did really well the first day, then he stopped using the toilet and insisted it was something he could and would only do over at grandmas. UGH, so frustrating! I didn't know what to do about this matter, because if you know Noah as well as Spencer and I do, you'd know he's pretty stubborn and doesn't like to do as he's told.
SO....
.... when I spotted these fancy Paul Frank underwear packaged so cute in the children's department of Nordstroms the other day, and saw the pirate and the fire chief, I knew they'd be a hit with Noah, and that they have been! They're a little pricey, but expense is no obstacle for me right now as I try to get him trained. Can you tell he's definitely my oldest child??? My sister Tricia joked around and told me that after I have to scrub poop stains out of the fancy underwear one too many times, I'll opt to buy Ian the cheapest pair of underwear when its his turn to potty train. Probably so true.
Anyhow, yesterday was his first time wearing the underwear- he LOVES them, and he made it to the toilet all but one time with out any accident. This morning, he woke up and asked me immediately to use the toilet, SUCCESS, I think we're onto something here, and so far today he's gone three times! I'll be SO HAPPY if these undies do the trick!!!
Oh yeah- now that Noah's using the toilet, Ian's shown tons of interest in it too. I keep thinking it's well past time for him to be potty trained but then I remember he's not even 2 yet! Maybe if his interest keeps up by the time I'm done with Noah, I'll train him. Wouldn't that be a JOY if two of my boys are toilet trained by next month!
2 comments:
Oh, I definitely agree - if they have accidents, they aint potty trained!! Sorry, guys. Actually, I also think if the mom does all the work they are also not potty trained. Oddly, my kids hated complete nudity too (although they loved running around in just diapers), so I pretty much did the same thing as you and used that as my potty training device. Use the potty, get undies. Go in the undies, and you lose them and go back to the buff. For us, it worked. That wasn't meant as advice, by the way. It was meant as finding common ground. You can do whatever you please. I know what it's like to have three in diapers! GOOD LUCK potty training Noah!!
It is so hard! I know it can drive you crazy. It must be especially difficult with 2 and 1/2other kiddos who also need your contstant attention. All the best! Noah's getting so cute!
Post a Comment