FIRST BORN

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!
Let's see how much you remember!
(disclaimer: Usually I would think a quiz like this one was silly, but I actually got excited about doing it; you see I NEVER wrote anything down about my pregnancy with Noah and I should have- nobody believes me, and sometimes looking back I can't believe how stinking sick I was while I was pregnant with him). Sorry about all the spelling errors!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope; I was even using the patch to prevent pregnancy.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes; we'd been married for just over 6 months.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were surprised of course, but excited. We weren't hoping for kids for at least two or three years.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely NOT.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 23 when I got pregnant, 24 when Noah was born.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I don't remember exactly. Obviously we took the little pregnancy test and I think two of the test looked like I could have possibly been pregnant. We weren't absolutely sure till I was FULL ON SICK and had my first doctors exam.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Spencer, but I think just a second after telling him, we told my sister Tricia.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely! I didn't have the patience to sit around for 9 months and wait to see whether it was a boy or girl! We found out at my 16 week appointment. We had regular ultrasounds with that pregnancy every 4 weeks.
9. DUE DATE? 9-26-2005
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Morning sickness, day sickness, night sickness, it was ROUND THE CLOCK and it started IMMEDIATELY at 5 weeks! I had had the flu when my sick symptoms started. I was in and out of the Emergency Room 6 or 7 times the first 2 months for hydration. I actually lost weight the first 8 months of my pregnancy. The doctor had me try Unisom and B-6 (didn't work), phenergren (or however you spell that) it also didn't work, I tried the real kind of Zophran- still didn't work, so then the doctor had the hospital put a permanent IV PICK LINE in my right arm. The pick line stayed put in my arm till I was 7 1/2 months pregnant. Every day, twice a day, I had to lay down on a couch or in bed for 7 hours and let a gallon of water drip from the IV into my body- so that means for 14 hours during the day, sometimes longer if I accidentally fell asleep on the line stopping the drip, I was tethered to my IV pole. My doctor tried having me get my vitamins through the IV but they only made me sicker, so I NEVER took any prenatal vitamins my entire pregnancy. I tried a liquid version of phenergren administered thru my IV but I had a serious allergic reaction to it, so my doc moved me onto "liquid GOLD" Zophran, and seriously the stuff could have been PURE gold- one little thing of it was $2,000 some odd bucks, and I used two of those each week for 7 1/2 months! Thank goodness for insurance! As you can imagine, I NEVER left my house during this pregnancy, except for doctor appointments. I had home health nurses come to my home twice a week to change my bandages, and some guy delivered medical supplies to my house usually once a week. Spencer was so PATIENT during my entire pregnancy and through out all the problems I experienced. He was responsible for changing my IV twice a day and flushing my IV line. The condition I had during my pregnancy was called Hyperemisis Gravidurum (I'm pretty sure I just misspelled that). Along with constant vomiting, I had serious migraines, constipation, severe dehydration and I couldn't eat. LITERALLY, I remember neither eating or being able to actually drink anything on my own for nearly the first two months of my pregnancy. I tried even drinking little cupfuls of water or Gatorade sometimes, but I'd ALWAYS throw it up along with a lot of bile. My esophagus burned constantly from all the throwing up I did and the lining of it was torn apart. By 7 1/2 months, I still needed my pick line but my body was starting to reject it- I developed a horrid rash around the site where the doctors inserted it into my arm, so I had to have it removed in an emergency. At that point the doctor thought I'd be stable enough alone just on disolvable Zophran tablets and nothing else so that's what I continued to take every day, two or three times a day. There were a couple of times after that I had to be rushed back to the emergency room for re hydration, but by my last month of pregnancy I'd say it started to be KIND OF comfortable for me. My baby grew a TON the 9Th month and I got MAJOR stretch marks from his sudden growth spurt. I still continued to throw up even during delivery and after delivery, but a couple hours after delivering, I started to feel GREAT again and had no problem with nausea, vomiting, reflux, or migraines. I never expected such a difficult pregnancy and my family who were in California didn't understand the extent of just how bad it was cuz neither my mom or any of my sisters had difficult pregnancies. I guess I was just the "unlucky" one.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Ice and Jamba Juice; sometimes tortilla chips. That's all I could eat my entire pregnancy- no exaggeration.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My dry, cracked skin; my lips were REALLY dry! My hair was really disgusting too- I couldn't shower as often as I wanted to while I had the pick line in my arm, so for 7 1/2 months I could only shower once every week. The smell from my oily hair made me SUPER NAUSEOUS! I definitely didn't look very sexy.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope, I was hoping it was a boy for two reasons. 1. because I wanted my younger children to have a brother as the oldest sibling- kinda so he could be a protector and 2. because I'd had a repetitive dream since I was 17 that my oldest child would be a boy- I know, it kinda sounds weird- you'd have to hear the whole dream to understand but I'm not gonna share it right now. I'll spare you the details.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I gained 12. I wish I could say the same was true for my third pregnancy with Cohen.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No, I didn't want one. I don't like being in the spotlight. Instead, we just had a HUGE party with all of our friends and family members after we blessed Noah- it was in November 2005.
17.WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? No it wasn't.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Well besides the complications I've already listed, nope, not that I remember. Noah had LOTS of problems immediately once he was born. He didn't breath at first on his own, he had liquid in his lungs since he was born in the breach position but head first- he delivered like a ball, head and feet first since his feet were wrapped around his head- that's my little contortionist baby. He also tested positive for a blood disorder and he had to have a transfusion. He spent 6 days in the NICU. He had hypotonia, low muscle tone and the nurses and doctors thought he had some sort of syndrome. He also had a sacral dimple on his bottom near where his tail bone was, so they thought he had spino bifida; he also had low set ears that tilted back slightly and one has a pit on it, so the doctors were concerned he had kidney problems. 7 doctors looked over him during his stay at the hospital and a team of nurses watched him round the clock. He also had jaundice and wouldn't nurse or eat- the result of a REALLY high palette in his mouth. He had lots of respiratory problems, but after the 6Th day he was breathing much better on his own- it was a Saturday night, and I remember BEGGING his doctors and nurses to let me take him home. They let us take him home that night but we had LOTS of follow up visits and exams with his pediatrician and other specialists that following year- I think it's appropriate to say Noah had at least one doctor visit every two weeks the first YEAR of his life- NO JOKE!
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Timpanogas Hospital in Orem, Utah.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I was induced at 39 weeks because my doctor was afraid the baby would be too big to deliver. He thought he'd be a 10 pound baby. Obviously my baby wasn't starving during my pregnancy- it's no wonder I dropped so much weight- the little leach. just kidding of course. Going back to the question, I think by the time they started the petocin I was in labor for 6 hours- the last two of which I had to wait before pushing because my doctor wasn't there.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Spencer drove me to the hospital that morning. It was a pleasant 5 minute drive- no labor pains at all. In fact, we had the video camera on us the whole way there capturing our thoughts about coming home with our new baby in just a day or two.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Spencer (my husband) and my mom was also in the room but stayed up by the head of my bed so she could get video of the birth.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Of course! By the time I reached a 7 I'd had it and asked for my epidural.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lb 8 oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? Monday September 19, 2005; we later learned the 19Th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day- so appropriate for Noah, cuz he never cried as a baby, he just growled like a bear cub or made some sound that sounded like a pirates "arghh".
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? It took us 3 days to name him; until then doctors and nurses referred to him as Baby Boy Campbell. Spencer and I finally agreed to name him NOAH TOWNSEND CAMPBELL.
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 3 years 4 1/2 months old.
Let's see how much you remember!
(disclaimer: Usually I would think a quiz like this one was silly, but I actually got excited about doing it; you see I NEVER wrote anything down about my pregnancy with Noah and I should have- nobody believes me, and sometimes looking back I can't believe how stinking sick I was while I was pregnant with him). Sorry about all the spelling errors!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope; I was even using the patch to prevent pregnancy.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes; we'd been married for just over 6 months.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were surprised of course, but excited. We weren't hoping for kids for at least two or three years.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely NOT.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 23 when I got pregnant, 24 when Noah was born.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I don't remember exactly. Obviously we took the little pregnancy test and I think two of the test looked like I could have possibly been pregnant. We weren't absolutely sure till I was FULL ON SICK and had my first doctors exam.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Spencer, but I think just a second after telling him, we told my sister Tricia.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely! I didn't have the patience to sit around for 9 months and wait to see whether it was a boy or girl! We found out at my 16 week appointment. We had regular ultrasounds with that pregnancy every 4 weeks.
9. DUE DATE? 9-26-2005
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Morning sickness, day sickness, night sickness, it was ROUND THE CLOCK and it started IMMEDIATELY at 5 weeks! I had had the flu when my sick symptoms started. I was in and out of the Emergency Room 6 or 7 times the first 2 months for hydration. I actually lost weight the first 8 months of my pregnancy. The doctor had me try Unisom and B-6 (didn't work), phenergren (or however you spell that) it also didn't work, I tried the real kind of Zophran- still didn't work, so then the doctor had the hospital put a permanent IV PICK LINE in my right arm. The pick line stayed put in my arm till I was 7 1/2 months pregnant. Every day, twice a day, I had to lay down on a couch or in bed for 7 hours and let a gallon of water drip from the IV into my body- so that means for 14 hours during the day, sometimes longer if I accidentally fell asleep on the line stopping the drip, I was tethered to my IV pole. My doctor tried having me get my vitamins through the IV but they only made me sicker, so I NEVER took any prenatal vitamins my entire pregnancy. I tried a liquid version of phenergren administered thru my IV but I had a serious allergic reaction to it, so my doc moved me onto "liquid GOLD" Zophran, and seriously the stuff could have been PURE gold- one little thing of it was $2,000 some odd bucks, and I used two of those each week for 7 1/2 months! Thank goodness for insurance! As you can imagine, I NEVER left my house during this pregnancy, except for doctor appointments. I had home health nurses come to my home twice a week to change my bandages, and some guy delivered medical supplies to my house usually once a week. Spencer was so PATIENT during my entire pregnancy and through out all the problems I experienced. He was responsible for changing my IV twice a day and flushing my IV line. The condition I had during my pregnancy was called Hyperemisis Gravidurum (I'm pretty sure I just misspelled that). Along with constant vomiting, I had serious migraines, constipation, severe dehydration and I couldn't eat. LITERALLY, I remember neither eating or being able to actually drink anything on my own for nearly the first two months of my pregnancy. I tried even drinking little cupfuls of water or Gatorade sometimes, but I'd ALWAYS throw it up along with a lot of bile. My esophagus burned constantly from all the throwing up I did and the lining of it was torn apart. By 7 1/2 months, I still needed my pick line but my body was starting to reject it- I developed a horrid rash around the site where the doctors inserted it into my arm, so I had to have it removed in an emergency. At that point the doctor thought I'd be stable enough alone just on disolvable Zophran tablets and nothing else so that's what I continued to take every day, two or three times a day. There were a couple of times after that I had to be rushed back to the emergency room for re hydration, but by my last month of pregnancy I'd say it started to be KIND OF comfortable for me. My baby grew a TON the 9Th month and I got MAJOR stretch marks from his sudden growth spurt. I still continued to throw up even during delivery and after delivery, but a couple hours after delivering, I started to feel GREAT again and had no problem with nausea, vomiting, reflux, or migraines. I never expected such a difficult pregnancy and my family who were in California didn't understand the extent of just how bad it was cuz neither my mom or any of my sisters had difficult pregnancies. I guess I was just the "unlucky" one.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Ice and Jamba Juice; sometimes tortilla chips. That's all I could eat my entire pregnancy- no exaggeration.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My dry, cracked skin; my lips were REALLY dry! My hair was really disgusting too- I couldn't shower as often as I wanted to while I had the pick line in my arm, so for 7 1/2 months I could only shower once every week. The smell from my oily hair made me SUPER NAUSEOUS! I definitely didn't look very sexy.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope, I was hoping it was a boy for two reasons. 1. because I wanted my younger children to have a brother as the oldest sibling- kinda so he could be a protector and 2. because I'd had a repetitive dream since I was 17 that my oldest child would be a boy- I know, it kinda sounds weird- you'd have to hear the whole dream to understand but I'm not gonna share it right now. I'll spare you the details.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I gained 12. I wish I could say the same was true for my third pregnancy with Cohen.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No, I didn't want one. I don't like being in the spotlight. Instead, we just had a HUGE party with all of our friends and family members after we blessed Noah- it was in November 2005.
17.WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? No it wasn't.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Well besides the complications I've already listed, nope, not that I remember. Noah had LOTS of problems immediately once he was born. He didn't breath at first on his own, he had liquid in his lungs since he was born in the breach position but head first- he delivered like a ball, head and feet first since his feet were wrapped around his head- that's my little contortionist baby. He also tested positive for a blood disorder and he had to have a transfusion. He spent 6 days in the NICU. He had hypotonia, low muscle tone and the nurses and doctors thought he had some sort of syndrome. He also had a sacral dimple on his bottom near where his tail bone was, so they thought he had spino bifida; he also had low set ears that tilted back slightly and one has a pit on it, so the doctors were concerned he had kidney problems. 7 doctors looked over him during his stay at the hospital and a team of nurses watched him round the clock. He also had jaundice and wouldn't nurse or eat- the result of a REALLY high palette in his mouth. He had lots of respiratory problems, but after the 6Th day he was breathing much better on his own- it was a Saturday night, and I remember BEGGING his doctors and nurses to let me take him home. They let us take him home that night but we had LOTS of follow up visits and exams with his pediatrician and other specialists that following year- I think it's appropriate to say Noah had at least one doctor visit every two weeks the first YEAR of his life- NO JOKE!
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Timpanogas Hospital in Orem, Utah.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I was induced at 39 weeks because my doctor was afraid the baby would be too big to deliver. He thought he'd be a 10 pound baby. Obviously my baby wasn't starving during my pregnancy- it's no wonder I dropped so much weight- the little leach. just kidding of course. Going back to the question, I think by the time they started the petocin I was in labor for 6 hours- the last two of which I had to wait before pushing because my doctor wasn't there.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Spencer drove me to the hospital that morning. It was a pleasant 5 minute drive- no labor pains at all. In fact, we had the video camera on us the whole way there capturing our thoughts about coming home with our new baby in just a day or two.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Spencer (my husband) and my mom was also in the room but stayed up by the head of my bed so she could get video of the birth.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Of course! By the time I reached a 7 I'd had it and asked for my epidural.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lb 8 oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? Monday September 19, 2005; we later learned the 19Th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day- so appropriate for Noah, cuz he never cried as a baby, he just growled like a bear cub or made some sound that sounded like a pirates "arghh".
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? It took us 3 days to name him; until then doctors and nurses referred to him as Baby Boy Campbell. Spencer and I finally agreed to name him NOAH TOWNSEND CAMPBELL.
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 3 years 4 1/2 months old.
1 comments:
Wow, what a fun life! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment