Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanks sis!

My sister Tricia decided to redecorate her place and discard all of her "red decorations", but before doing so, she called me over to her place to see if there were any items I wanted to keep and use in my own home. I pretty much took home EVERYTHING she wanted to give away, with the exception of maybe one or two items- it was a car load. I felt like a kid in a candy store when she let me pick out what I wanted at no cost. Thanks Trish!

One of the items I took from Tricia was this FABULOUS red tea pot.




Isn't it ADORABLE??? I don't even like tea, but I may force myself to start drinking it just so I can use my little red tea pot everyday; it really couldn't hurt- besides, I hear there are health benefits for those who drink tea.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I have my reasons- 3 in particular.

A. It's red. I LOVE the color RED! My color identity was always RED, with a hint of yellow. My two favorite pairs of pants I once owned were red pants- I wore them everywhere (they were practically just shreds of fabric when I finally decided to toss them). Most of the decorations, pillows or kitchen appliances through out my house are RED. I LOVE RED.

B. It has polka dots! I LOVE polka dots. I have three skirts and one dress with polka dots on them. I HATE stripes (no woman should EVER wear stripes- they just emphasize the wrong places), but I LOVE polka dots- they're kinda whimsical I think.

C. It's a TEA POT! I LOVE tea pots. I think my fetish originated after watching Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" for the first time when I was little- I LOVE the scene in which Alice has a tea party with the Hare and the Mad Hatter- I LOVE the teacups at Disneyland! Since the movie encouraged my little fetish, I have seen in my lifetime some pretty cool and strange teapots- they come in all sort of shapes and sizes- might I add here, though I love teapots, I've never had the desire to collect any, but when Trish showed me this teapot, I HAD TO HAVE IT and I'm glad I took it, because every morning when I go downstairs and see it there on the stove top it makes me so gleefully HAPPY!

Note: If you have a fetish for teapots and polka dots like a do, and would like a tea pot of your own, my sister said she bought hers from a bakery here in American Fork, called Dippidee click on the name to visit the website(it's located near Costco). Even if you don't care to have a tea pot like mine, I encourage you to visit the store- the place makes the most FABULOUS and cute little cupcakes along with other yummy treats and decadent cakes. I can't even eat cupcakes (all thanks to my food allergy) but any time I visit the place I want to buy a dozen, they just look so darn cute.

0 comments: