Saturday, October 11, 2008

My boys are not librarians...

"The cure for boredom is curiosity.
There is no cure for curiosity."
-Dorothy Parker

My troubles may NEVER be over. My boys are curious boys- often letting their curiosity lead them right into mischief, which then usually results in TROUBLE, either for them or for myself.

The other day I laid the boys down for their nap. Noah's been sleeping in the portable playpen during nap time because he refuses to stay in bed while the sun is still up (I made the mistake of teaching him a month ago that while the sun is up we need to be awake to work, eat and play, and once the sun goes down and it gets dark outside, then it's time for us to sleep. I didn't expect him to apply what I had taught him literally in his own little life, but since our talk he has refused to sleep in the daytime because "the sun is still up"). Eventually he falls asleep in the playpen because he's confined to it's walls and has no where to go until nap time is over.

About an hour into their napping, I heard a thud come from upstairs. I thought nothing of it. About 20 minutes after hearing the first thud, I heard another. I started to get suspicious once I heard laughter coming from the boys room upstairs, so I went up to peek a look.

This
is what I found.
Both of the boys had climbed-or rather dropped- out of their cribs; actually I need to correct myself again- according to the picture below
by the looks of it, Noah climbed out of the playpen by using a chair propped up against it and Ian was the one who fell out of his crib... I can't be sure exactly what happened but that's what I made of the evidence I found.
Not only had the boys gotten out of their cribs, but they had emptied ALL of their books from their bookshelf into Ian's crib.

It's a good thing Ian got out of his crib, otherwise he might had been smothered by the books!

here's a
before shot of what the bookshelf looked like
Here's the after shot; please take notice that every book was moved off the shelf!


Need I even say I spent the hour afterwards putting ALL the books back on the shelf!

0 comments: