I Heart The Joker...

Spencer and I went Thursday night to a midnight showing of Batman's "The Dark Knight"- we left the two older boys at home with grandpa to sleep and took the baby with us- at no surprise to us- he managed to sleep through the ENTIRE movie without even making a peep... I'm so happy he's such an easy baby and not high maintenance.
I LOVED this movie!!! It's perhaps probably the best movie I've seen in theaters for a LONG time!!! Everything about it was just amazing! I thought that Heath Ledger did a fantastic job portraying the JOKER- he truly made the movie what it's worth. I think I developed a secret crush for the Joker- there's something about bad guys that makes them so attractive (doesn't hurt that the Joker was Heath Ledger either- he's always been a hottie since his debut in "10 Things I Hate About You"). Don't worry though, the Joker poses no threat to Spencer- he's still my number one beau of course.
You gotta see this movie- it won't disappoint! I'm ready to go see it again TONIGHT!
Oh, thought I'd mention that Spencer's friend Jordan even dressed up as the Joker for the premier- makeup and everything. In fact- he dressed the part of the Joker wearing the nurses outfit (you'll know what I mean once you see the movie)- it was hilarious to see this dude dressed as a nurse- kinda creepy too since he looked just like the JOKER!!! I couldn't keep from wondering a few times during the movie whether our friend was actually comfortable sitting in the movie in his short nurse dress- I really hope he practiced proper etiquette and sat lady like for the sake of those around him.
It's seems as if I've been watching A LOT of movies lately- mostly rentals that I watch late at night after the boys have gone to bed.
The following are a few movies I've seen recently that I'd recommend to my fellow friends or family members to watch.
Drillbit Taylor This movie is hilarious!!! I could watch it over and over again- I nearly peed my pants watching it the first time. I LOVE the GEEKY BOYS- especially the chubby one who thinks he's gangsta!
Sweeney Todd The movie is directed by Tim Burton- need I say anything more?! As if it can't get any better than that- Johnny Depp stars in it and it's a fun/dark musical. It's slightly disturbing with blood and gore, but if you ignore the blood and gore it's really FANTASTIC!
The Other Boleyn Girl Great movie- seriously. I love Natalie Portman and Scarlette Johansson as they contend for the affection of King Henry VIII.
Grace is Gone What chick doesn't love a film that has John Cusack in it??? If you're in the mood for a serious movie- this would be the movie to watch since it deals with death and war. It's a good movie- just a little slow paced.
Save your money if you were thinking of heading to the theater to watch Get Smart. Just wait and rent it from Redbox for a buck once it's out on DVD. It's sort watched the entire film had it been really long.
4 comments:
What's up with you not blogging about the baby??? When? Name? Etc...
Josh really wants to go see this movie. We will have to find a showing in english and go!
The Other Boleyn Girl - This movie was OK...it seriously made my stomach turn at different times in the movie(before I was pregnant.) It's no wonder they called this time era the "dark" ages! We've got it bad now, but man! I guess watching anything that portrays such evil in a lustful manner gives me the creeps. It was an interesting movie though.
I want to hear all about your newest little guy as well!
I have been meaning to tell you, when Sam first saw me reading this he started reading over my shoulder and then commented, "Was she a film major? Because her reviews are actually really good." I laughed! Yup. She was. He was a film major for a year or so at BYU, so he really appreciates your comments!
Post a Comment