Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our favorite baby products...

So many of our friends are having babies, I figured it was only appropriate to mention some of OUR favorite baby products that are out there on the market that have made life for us a little bit easier and baby raring more enjoyable.

The first product I'm mentioning is one I heard about more than a year ago on the Today Show. Ian was born in May, just before all the public pools and water parks opened and only days before things started to really heat up here in Utah. We bought family passes to the Seven Peaks Water Park in Provo to beat the heat, and we made trips there at least once, usually twice every week. On our first trip to the water park, I think Ian was probably only 2 maybe 3 weeks old. I bought the Amazing Baby Water Carrier to hold Ian in while I played in the water with Noah.
this is a commercial picture of the Amazing Baby Water Carrier

This product was fabulous, because it allowed me to stay with Ian but also have both hands free while I was watching over Noah. It's a lot like a Baby Bjorn, only it's actually made to be used in the water. It's made out of wetsuit material- so if anyone knows how tricky it can be to get in or out of a wetsuit you'll understand that the first couple of times you slide your baby into the Amazing Baby Water Carrier it can be a little difficult- but after a couple of tries you'll get the hang of it. Ian absolutely LOVED being carried around in this water carrier and it was great, cuz the wet suit material kept the majority of his body still warm even while he was wet or in the water with me. It fit me comfortably and the only part of Ian that was exposed to sunlight at that young tender age was just his little arms and legs- (I had his head covered with a hat of course). I had to do some searching on the internet to find the Amazing Baby Water Carrier- the company that makes it doesn't sell it directly; it's only sold through separate vendors. It cost me roughly $60 by the time I paid for shipping and handling; I did however have to pay an additional $10 and order the HEADREST that went along with it (it's sold separately) since Ian was just a newborn and didn't have any head control without one. I've seen something kinda like the Amazing Baby Water Carrier sold online through stores like Target, but they didn't recieve very good customer reviews like the Amazing Baby Water Carrier did. So if you're a beach goer or just like hanging out in the water and have a wee one or a tot I strongly recommend you splurge and buy this product for the summer! We love ours!

The next product I'm mentioning is one I first heard about on Good Things Utah almost a year ago. It's called the LUCKY BABY SLING.
here's a commercial picture of one way to wear the sling with a baby in it

I bought my Lucky Baby Sling just before Ian was born. We already had a Baby Bjorn we used with Noah, but I hated the thing- my back always hurt after wearing it with Noah and his head always flopped around if I leaned forward to grab something. The Lucky Baby Sling fits close to your body and you buy it sized so it actually fits your frame. There's a couple of different positions you can hold your baby in with the sling- so it's versatile. There are few other slings that are kinda like the Lucky Baby Sling that are sold in stores like Target, but none that I've seen are as versatile as the Lucky Baby Sling and the other competitors have received poor reviews. Ian LOVED the sling and I carried him pretty much every where in it; I suppose I could still use it for him but I haven't gone anywhere where I've needed to. In the past I carried Ian around Disneyland for an entire day in the sling, or the zoo while Noah chilled in the stroller- Ian never made a peep cuz he was so darn comfy in the confines of the sling. This baby sling is definitely worth your buck, so ditch the Baby Bjorn and buy one; one additional perk is that you can choose what design you want your sling to be in.

The third baby product I love that I found is called the Twilight Turtle from Cloud B (I bought my Twilight Turtle from Babinskys for around $30).
It doesn't look like much in the picture below but it really is cute and cool to see when the lights are off!
It's the cutest little plush turtle that kids can play or cuddle with, yet it still projects in 3 various colors a complete starry night sky onto the walls and ceiling of any room. In fact, parents can also sit with their children and identify 8 major constellations within Twilight’s star pattern using the wonderfully illustrated Star Guide. Noah LOVES his turtle!

The last baby product I'm going to mention for the evening is one I just bought yesterday. I've been eyeing this thing for a good year now, and every time I go to buy it, stores are out of it. Anyhow, I found it on sale yesterday and had to get it, which I feel I need to add I'm VERY HAPPY I did. The product is called the FROG POD by Boon Inc..

It doesn't look like much, but if you have kids who love to spend hours in the bath tub, you'll understand that overtime you can accumulate quite a bit of toys. Those rinky dinky mesh toy holders they sell in stores for $5/$10 never seem to stay suctioned to the shower wall and kids toys spill everywhere all over the bath. I love our new Frog Pod because the thing actually secures itself to the shower wall without falling off and it holds a TON of toys. The Frog Pod helps with children’s bath time clean-up, providing a drainable scoop for collecting and rinsing toys and a wall-mounted base for storing bath products. It's absolutely fantastic! I found mine at Target but I've also seen it at Babinsky's for those of you who live in the Salt Lake area.
Even if you're not interested, check out Boon's website, www.booninc.com, the company sells some pretty cool little gizmos for kids! I just ordered the Flo-
this is not my kid in the picture- just a commercial pic showing how the flo works
it's a water deflector and protective faucet with a bubble bath dispenser. I'm excited for when it arrives in the mail!

Okay, so I'm done raving about our favorite baby products. I have others of course, but these were just a few that I thought were worth the mention. Seriously, these products are SUPER COOL!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks! These are way helpful. I'll have to put together a list and send it your way. Hope your feeling well!

Susan said...

Ohhh Hattie loves bubles. I am going to have to buy one of those flo's. They look fun. Thanks for the tip.

cassi said...

Those all look way cool! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Okay, so how much is your advertising contract with Amazing Baby Water Carrier, Lucky Baby Sling, and The Frog Pod worth....I hope quite a bit, because those were great advertisements....I might even get a Frog Pod for Mom. As we always say, we love your Blog -- keeps gettin' better all the time.

Grandpa T.