Monday, February 18, 2008

The game of "Tag"...

I've been resisting this blog game of "Tag" now for a while. A few of my friends have "tagged" me after being tagged themselves, and I've just been carrying on as though I haven't been tagged at all. Well my good friend Sheena finally got tagged herself and decided to "tag" me again today- what's the chances I can be tagged so many times by unrelated friends?! It's a small world when it comes to blogging and it looks like it's my turn to finally dish in this "tag" game...

Rules to the game of "Tag": Each person list 5 answers to the same questions and then chooses 5 other people to "tag"... I wonder... who makes up these silly games?!


10 years ago.... I was 16, almost 17 and a Junior in High School. My season in Field Hockey was just ending and I just made Varsity Soccer, again. I didn't have a job, I was spoiled rotten by my parents, I already had my drivers liscence and I just occupied my time by playing sports, doing school stuff and running a muck with my silly friend from HS, Amanda; we obsessed over stupid boys. I was really big into music then, listening to the "Toadies" and "Weezer's " Butterfly Album. I was completely "care free" and life was really pretty great!

Five things on my to do list today.... Get myself and the boys ready for the day; quickly clean things up around the house and finish folding laundrey I left in the dryer since Saturday; meet my sister Celeste and her 4 kids at the Bean Museum down at BYU by 11 and then go out for ice cream at the Creamery; order some pictures and update my blog for the last week... Kinda a lazy day, just the way I like them.

Snacks I enjoy... Funyons ( I know I mispelled that), pickles, cinnamon bears, Brussel Sprouts (seriously I LOVE them) & Flaming Hot Cheetos.

If I suddenly became a billionaire.... Buy a fabulous house; pay tithing; take some vacations and visit Portugal, Mozambique, Brazil, Tonga and American Samoa, Australia and New Zealand and stop by Disneyworld in Florida for a weeks visit. I'd buy the house on the corner next my in-laws house and then build a tunnel that ran from it over into my in-laws basement; I think I'd also buy my grandparents old lake house they sold in Barker, New York on Lake Ontario and restore it to how it originally looked with out the 2ND story addition the new owners have added to it. I'm not sure what else I'd do with the money- I'd probably just trust Spencer to invest it in some good funds so it could gain interest and always be there if we ever needed it.

5 bad habits..... I fall asleep on the couch EVERY night or basically anytime I sit down to watch television and Spencer usually has to wake me and tell me to go to bed, at which point I'm only half awake when I actually do and I'm always cranky and upset that he's woken me up; I'm CRAZY about keeping things clean and organized; I grind my teeth and clench my jaw A LOT through out the day; I wash my hands obsessively; I lick my lips alot or stick my tongue out of the corner of my mouth while I'm trying to concentrate or focus on getting a task completed.

Okay, I'm going to bend the rules on this one, cuz I've thought I should mention 5 more bad habits I have... 6). I say "just one more minute" too often to my husband and children- I really feel guilty about this one. 7). I'm really SLOW when it comes to getting ready for the day; sometimes I'm not ready until 1 or 2 in the afternoon because I poke around doing all sorts of random stuff. 8). If I can't fall asleep, I'll lay in bed and shake my right foot till it puts me to sleep. 9.) I wear my pajama bottoms or my husbands basketball shorts around the house, no matter what time of day it is. As soon as I get home from somewhere, I change into pj's. I prefer to be comfy. 10). If I've gone to the beach or the pool for the day, I'll spend ALL DAY long in my bathing suit before changing out of it, why dirty other clothes?! When I was little I used to always sleep in my bathing suit! I also never shower off after being in chlorinated water- I suppose that's why my hair used to always turn green when I was little and my mom was always putting lemon juice in it. I love how sand sticks to my legs and feet from the beach- I never clean my feet off before getting into the car or going home- I like to take the beach with me. I LOVE how the salt from the ocean crystalizes on my face and skin and I love licking my lips when it has. Pretty wild bad habit especially for someone like myself who normally is such a clean freak!

5 places I have lived... SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA; Rexburg, ID; Provo, UT; Orem,UT; PORTUGAL- Vila do Conde, Guimaraes, Braga, Porto, Viseu, & Gaia.

5 jobs I have had... I worked at Gap Kids Clothing Store and Sun Diego Surf, Skate and Snow Shop in San Diego during summer breaks away from college; Office Depot as a cashier; at BYU-Idaho's college radio station as the manager for Eastern Idaho's Association of the Blinds radio program; MYFAMILY.COM/Geneology.com as a Customer Service Representative; my current job is as a wife and mother.

5 things most people don't know about me.... 1). I really wish I were a Zoologist- I know a TON of crazy stuff about animals and I LOVE the zoo, aquariums and the ocean. 2). Along with wanting to be a Zoologist, like the geek I am, when I was little I used to write all sorts of corporations/organizations and propose my "Earth Friendly" ideas; I have a 6 inch binder that has a huge collection of letters I got back in response to my ideas from the CEO's or founders of these organizations- I think I may have scared my parents into thinking I'd grow up to be an outspoken "tree hugger". (Oh yeah- another bad habit I have... I waste a lot of water by taking really long showers... so much for being an environmentalist). 3). I like to write- in fact I'd love to write and publish a book someday. While I was in college or high school, if a teacher assigned a written report or essay, I always got excited- writing is not challenge! 4). I LOVE meeting new people and getting to know them. I like to ask lots of questions; I'm fascinated by people and I love "people watching". I loved acquainting myself with new folk on the mission- I don't think I ever kept a discussion to just 15 minutes like the Elders did. How is that possible?! 5). I'm really an extrovert, I have NO PROBLEM being open and the "life of the party", but at the same time I can also be reserved and be an introvert, keeping to myself. I LIKE TIME TO MYSELF. It may sound kinda snobbish, but if I'm in a situation where I don't know too many people, I may either totally keep to myself, only because I'm not in the MOOD to socialize, or I might totally go all out and try to get to know everyone. Along the same line, since Spencer brought this topic up this last weekend with his friends- I HATE mommy playdates! If I actually gave in and committed myself to every playdate going on in my ward or neighborhood, I'd never be home. I personally think playdates are just for those women who NEED time to gossip or brag about their kids to other women. The true purpose behind playdates is never about the kids. I'd much rather actually be the one playing with the kids more than sitting on the sideline yaking with the women. 6) (sorry I had to bend the rules to add just one more) I used to really want to be a successful news coorespondant, at one time I even wanted to be a lawyer, even a teacher or a P.R. respresentative for a zoological foundation; I grew up dreaming of living in Africa or Brazil at one point in my life... I haven't achieved ANY of these desires. I'm only a wife and a mother, two things I never really cared to do until just a few years ago, but these are two callings that have CHALLENGED me, made me GROW and made me HAPPIER more so than any of the other callings I dreamt of could have made me.

List 5 people to take part in this game: I'm not going to call anyone out by name but if you have the time and haven't done this silly "tag" yet, please take part... I'd love to hear what your answers would be. :)

0 comments: