I'll repeat the "exciting news" again... just in case you didn't read the post prior to this.
Okay, so I'm aware some people just look at my blog to see what new pictures I've posted or what new videos I've added. There's some people out there who evidently don't read anything I write on my blog, cuz sometimes they'll ask me a question I've already given the answer to in a post. It's okay if people don't read my posts though, no harm done, I write my blogs mainly to keep a journal of what's been going on in our family's life. I won't be surprised though in a month or two or maybe six if someone asks me why I never told them about our "exciting news" and they were on our mailing list.
Well many of you have guessed and most of you are right. I am expecting. That's right, I'm preggers and in June we're expecting our third! Actually to make it more interesting, the baby is due on our anniversary! Now the chances of it actually being born on the due date are slim to nothing.
We're excited! Now that Noah's settled into his big boy bed,
and Ian's comfy in his crib, 
the bassinet has been vacant.
I was tempted to disassemble it and put it away- no need for it to stay in our room, but it wasn't long after that I found out, just a few more months and we'll need it again- so the bassinet is staying in our room for now.
Spencer and I are pretty excited about the baby. If you're trying to do the math to see how far apart the baby will be in age from Ian, let me save you the effort. They'll be 13 months apart. Noah will be 2 1/2 by the time the baby arrives.
It's a guarantee we'll have our hands full for a little while, but we'll be fine.
The baby will come just before we'll be making any move to graduate school- we probably will be moving a month or two after the baby is born and where to, well we're still not sure about that yet. We have to wait and see which school Spencer gets his acceptance to.
I've been feeling much better with this pregnancy than I have during my previous pregnancies. No I.V. pick lines and no home health nurses who have to visit me at home every couple of days. I am still nauseous and if it weren't for Zofran, I can probably say I would be sicker than I am now.
At least with this pregnancy I kinda have an appetite. With the boys I only ever ate egg sandwiches, chicken and rice soup, and Jamba juices the whole 9 months. This time around I can eat stuff like rice-spaghetti and pickles. Funny thing about pickles, I never craved them before, but now I have to have them! I love lightly buttered popcorn too, and I've given up on Jamba Juices- my new favorite drink is Sonics Strawberry Lime Slushee. Yummo!!! Spencer's been a dear and has gone out the last 3 days in a row to get me one.
I'm usually feeling sick early in the morning, or in the evening. Evenings are pretty bad for me. So is around 2 in the afternoon for some reason. I can't sleep when I feel sick, so evenings are long and drawn out for me. Most of the time I don't get to sleep until nearly 2 in the morning, so I'm usually sleeping in until 9 or 10 in the morning while the boys are sleeping too.
I'm sure in a couple of weeks, I'll start feeling a little better. We will know by the soonest, the first week in January what the sex of the baby is, but if my doctor makes me wait until 20 weeks before he does another ultrasound, we won't know the sex of the baby until the first week in February. I don't really care either way if it's a boy or a girl. A girl would be fun to dress up, but then again, I'd love to have another boy because I'd love to have a family of 3 or 4 boys. We'll be happy with whatever the baby happens to be. I'll be sure to let you all know once we find out.
Sorry I didn't share the news any earlier. I didn't intend on telling people until Christmas, but with the scare I had a week ago, and since I'm sick, and I've been practically inactive at church the last couple of weeks (we have 9 o'clock church- it's just too early to get up and get myself ready, let alone make sure the boys are up and ready and fed)- I had to tell a few people a while ago that I was expecting when they asked me a couple of times over and over again on various occasions what I was sick from. After telling someone I'm sick for the 4Th week in a row, they start to get a little worried and wonder why I don't go to the doctor for treatment. I don't want to scare anyone- as far as I know, the sickness I'm experiencing isn't contagious! Anyhow, everything is well with the baby and we're excited for the new arrival we're expecting in June. Let's all pray that between now and then that Noah gets potty trained! I wouldn't mind if Ian were potty trained by then too. ;)
2 comments:
Congrats to my slimey green you! Now we can be pregnant together! FUN! Scary about your allergy scare, I'm glad everything is okay.
Congratulations officially!!! :) Loved reading your posts, I can just hear your voice telling the story--I'm sorry you've had such a crazy time, reminds me of the time I tried to kill you...so did they figure out what the reaction was from? The crumbs?? I'm glad you're doing better, hope you start getting some good sleep & daytime relaxation.
Post a Comment