Thursday, December 6, 2007

Famous Mormons

Okay, so everyone who's anyone and watches the news realizes that today was a big day for Presidential campaigner Mitt Romney. He addressed his "Mormon Beliefs" earlier today on national television.

Just a couple of days ago Spencer introduced me to this website that list Famous Mormons. It's www.famousmormons.net, click on the following link www.famousmormons.net. There are a lot of names of celebrities I'm unfamiliar with on the website, but there were also quite a few I am familiar with and was shocked to learn they were members of the church at one time or other or are still active members. For example, my celebrity look alike, Katherine Hiegl, from "Grey's Anatomy" and "Knocked Up" was raised in the church. So was Ryan Gosling- you know the kid from "The Notebook" or "Murder By Numbers"; Amy Adams- the princess from Disney's new hit movie "Enchanted"; Wilford Brimley- the old guy from "Cocoon" and also the spokesperson for Quaker Oatmeal; Brendon Urie, band member of "Panic at the Disco!", and members of the old music group "The Jetts".

There's hundreds of names of people I never knew were Mormon- the website has quite an impressive long list of names. There were a few names of one time members I didn't care to read about- they were those names of famous convicted criminals. If you haven't checked out the website already, you ought to when he have the free time. It's pretty interesting.

P.S. I mentioned that Katherine Hiegl was my celebrity look alike. I didn't decide this on my own- actually a couple of months ago I played around on MyHeritage.com's Celebrities Face Recognition program and it told me that Katherine Hiegl was my celeb look alike. I have doubts about the accuracy of the program though- it also said that Noah and Ian look most like Oprah Winfrey and Mohammud Ali. Apparently my boys have black features despite being ghastly white. ;)

0 comments: