Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Santa came to town...

I walked past the calendar today and I had to look twice- (days come and go, often gone unnoticed sometimes in my "mommy routine")- I can't believe that Thanksgiving is already approaching- it feels like Halloween just ended! I'm not complaining- I absolutely love Thanksgiving and I can hardly keep myself from pulling out our Christmas decorations already! I've chosen to wait only because Spencer would have a fit if I decorated early- (he's a Scrooge when it comes to holidays)- he did lend a hand though and started hanging the Christmas lights outside. I love Christmas!!! I love the decorations, nativities, the lights, the music, being in the company of loved ones and most of all I love the smell of Christmas- yes Christmas has a smell and it's oh so yummy. A little over a week ago I took the boys into get their pictures taken with Santa Clause. That's right, apparently Santa is too busy to get his pictures taken with kids post Thanksgiving so he makes his special appearance in Orem the first weekend in November. As I predicted beforehand, Noah was terrified of Santa! He kicked and he screamed while Santa held him. I wished I had brought some cookies for Santa; the poor guy took a few good whacks to the ol' leg and arm from Noah. On the other hand, Ian didn't mind getting his picture taken with the Jolly ol' man. In fact, in the picture below, (which is just a proof- that's why the seal is on it) it's funny cuz Noah's expression is priceless; he pitched a terrible tantrum, just as if Santa had told him he's not getting any presents this year cuz he's on the naughty list.


You may remember from a couple of weeks ago, I wrote about snow we'd gotten. I thought then that it was a start to an early winter, but I've been deceived. It's actually been warm for the last few weeks- in the 60's. We'll be staying in Utah for Christmas this year, so I hope it will snow, but I may be wrong. It may end up being a So. Cal Christmas in Utah-(just for the note: if I wanted a sunny Christmas I could have gone to San Diego!) Let's all start praying for snow.
I saw on the news yesterday that all the ski resorts won't be opening for business for at least another week; once again, the delay is due to the lack of snow. I'm really itching to go snowboarding again! I'm not sure why, I'll probably just hurt myself or break an arm. The last time I went snowboarding was two years ago just after I had Noah, and boy did I suck. It's so disheartening when I resume doing something I used to love to do and was actually somewhat good at, only to find out that my progress has regressed! Not many mommies are meant to be snowboarding bunnies I guess. But, I'm already shifting my disappointment into hope, cuz next year Noah will be 3 years old and he can start learning to snowboard! If any ones up to going snowboarding with a clumsy mommy, let me know, we'll go!
So guess who is 6 months old now?... Ian. He's growing up so fast! I took him in for his 6 month appointment and shots last Friday. Turns out according to the growth charts he's a big boy. He's in the 97Th percentile for height and the 85Th percentile for weight! Just a couple more pounds and he'll weigh in the same as Noah! He can sit pretty good on his own if I get him seated in the right position. He also rolls over on his own if he has the incentive to do so. He kicks like crazy when he's on his belly- not too much longer and I bet he'll be crawling. He's so cheerful and chuckles a lot. Recently he's wanted to play more with Noah while Noah's playing with cars. It's soooo cute to see Ian wanting to join in on the fun, but it presents a problem. Noah doesn't like to share his cars with Ian- regardless of whether he has 2 cars or 20- he wants to keep them all to himself- so in our household as of lately we've been discussing "sharing" a lot.
Lately, Noah's been acting like a baby when both Spencer and I are around- I figure it's just a phase all toddlers go through when they have younger siblings. Last night he insisted he use a pacifier and sleep in the bassinet. It's evident he only does it cuz he wants the extra attention- crazy kid- he already gets sooo much attention as it is- anyone know an agent? He'd be a perfect movie star. JK
Spencer had a great night last Saturday. He and his dad went to the Jazz basketball game and had front row seats, three seats away from the players bench.

They were wined and dined and schmoozed at first during the Jazz's practice and then they got to experience the thrill of sitting just feet away from Karilinko and Harpring during the game. My sister Tricia's brother in law has front row Jazz season tickets, they're ridiculously expensive, and he offered those game tickets to Spencer- Spencer was elated! We tivo'd the game at home and Noah had a great time looking for daddy and grandpa on the big screen, since every time a shot was made at the end of the court by the Jazz's bench we could clearly see Spencer and his dad on t.v.
Here's a picture Spencer took during the game.

Not much else exciting happened during the week. We did go out to the movies- we saw "Dan in real life"- it's a great movie- I recommend it if you're looking for a good flick to see, but you'll have to sit through 40 minutes of previews first. I'm not even kidding- the previews took that long!
Oh yeah- I thought I would just mention real quickly that I gave in and read "Twilight". So many of you were telling me I should read it and how great the book is. Well, you may be disappointed to hear that the book wasn't my favorite. In fact, I've decided I like Edward, but I really, really don't like the main character whose name suddenly just evaded me- oh yeah, Bella- she just really bugs me. I'm in the middle of reading book # 2, so who knows maybe my opinion about the book series will change once I've read all three books, but for now, I'm not impressed. Sorry guys. P.S. I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you this, but they are making the series into a movie. On the authors website you can see which actors/models she would like to see play the roles of her characters. I like her suggestions- a lot of the people were actually the same people I imagined playing the roles as I read the book. Check it out http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html

1 comments:

Susan said...

Steph & Spence,
I LOVE the picture of Noah screaming, it is the cutest picture ever, Stephanie, you should totally send it into the Ellen Degeneres show, she does some holiday picture specials, I bet she would put it on the air.
I love reading your blog, we need to get together sometime before the end of the year.
Susan & Chris