Monday, October 8, 2007

Winter already?...

This last weekend we enjoyed some unusual winter weather. It's only the first week in October and already we've gotten snow! And I was just getting excited about Fall! Okay, well the snow didn't really stick for very long where we live- in fact it melted almost instantly once it hit the ground- some of the flakes stuck around on our car and the grass, but they melted within minutes once it started raining again. The last few days we've had some wacky weather here- today it's totally beautiful and sunny out- cool though. I didn't mind the rain that we had most of the weekend- I love good rain showers- they make me want to cozy up with a good book to read. :) The snow is already covering the mountains as you can tell from this picture I took out back of Mt. Timpanogas.

Isn't it beautiful? Oh yeah- I just read on the CNN headlines yesterday that while we were having winter weather here, out east in places like Chicago they were experiencing extreme heat and humidity- enough so that it killed a person and sent others to the hospital during a marathon. It's absolutely crazy! I'm in no way a green freak- but I can't see how anyone can say we're not beginning to see the effects of Global Warming. Maybe in 10 years enough ice will be melted from Antarctica and temperatures will be moderate- we'll all be buying real estate there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !!! Hard to believe that there is snow in the mountains, particularly in early October.