Thursday, May 24, 2007

Our first real eventful day...

So today was our first real eventful day as a family of four... well actually now that I've written that, I stand corrected- it was one of our first aside from days I've been out shopping with the boys or Mothers Day that we spent up at my sisters. Okay, anyhow, I felt pretty good about managing to wake up before 7:30 and get myself and the boys all showered and dressed and fed, ready to leave for Ian's doctor appointment at 11:30! (May I just add, we had a pretty late night last night- I believe I was up until 4am. fortunately Spencer stayed up with me, we watched the Goodfellows on TBS). So Ian had his "cosmetic surgery" done today at the doctors. (That's how they refer to the procedure now a days cuz most insurance companies believe it's just that and that little boys don't necessarily need it done, so it's usually something we have to pay for out of our own pockets.) I made Spencer go with me to the appointment, I didn't want to be the one holding Ian down while the doctor did a little snip snip and Ian coughed up a lung from crying so loud. Noah and I waited outside in the waiting room, I didn't want Noah to be traumatized by watching. Instead he and I enjoyed looking at fish in the huge fish tank. Ian did pretty well- still has two lungs thank goodness and he didn't give himself a hernia from crying too loud- actually he slept most of the day. We ran a couple of errands after that and then headed home. This evening Spencer and I left Noah with his Grandpa and we headed over to watch the sneak peak of Pirates of the Caribbean. I took Ian along, figuring I didn't want to loose a babysitter in the future just in case Ian decided to take out his furry from what happened earlier today on his grandpa. He actually slept through the entire movie- I amazed especially since the theater was almost completely filled with a noisy audience and the movie itself was incredibly loud! It was a good movie- I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I must be honest- I was a little lost a couple of times. (I'll have to go back and watch the previous two movies again). There was one especially cheesy part I can't get out of my head and that was where Calypso grew into a giant and started speaking balderdash! (if you watched the movie- you know what I'm talking about.) I think that scene kinda threw off a lot of the audience. It's funny watching movies in Utah county (a.k.a. mormonville)- cuz you can tell that during a racy scene of a movie- a large percentage of the audience are probably disturbed because most of the people start fidgeting with their purses or popcorn or begin to whisper. Pirates didn't have too many racey scenes, but there were a few, such as when Calypso grows into a giant and she starts speaking crazy tongue- I could just imagine- some of the audience members probably thought Disney was trying to do their rendition of "The Exorcist". Okay so it was a good movie- long, but definitely enjoyable. A definate "must see" movie for the Memorial Day weekend. So yeah- I'm feeling good about today- I'm finally on my way to getting back on schedule with our routines. It should definitely be interesting to see how we do in getting to church on time, especially since it's 9am church. (I'm thinking it will take a couple weeks practice at least.) :) By the way, I didn't mean to dog on Calypso so much, it was just an awkward part of the movie- in fact, if I have a daughter in the future, I just may like to name her Calypso, it's a cool name- although I'm not too sure how that would fly with Spencer.

0 comments: