Thursday, May 3, 2007

Noah's toilet bowl adventures...



Well now that finals week is finally over for Spencer and he's finished school, things are actually beginning to settle down around our home. It's been nice to have Spencer home a little bit more- especially since I'd created a long "to do" list for him to complete and I'm in the mood to see things get done. Noah's enjoying having Spencer around the house more these days too. In fact he's been partying like a rock star lately this last week wanting to stay up till midnight playing cars or jamming out on the guitar with dad. Just two nights ago, at 11pm, after we'd already tried to put him down for the night and he made it clear he wasn't in the mood to sleep,Spencer suggested we take him over to the skate park, so we did. Fortunately it's been warm at night here now, so we were comfortable being outside. We had the entire skate park to ourselves, which is a change since if we were to go there during the day it's always swamped with kids and teens alike. We brought along Spencer's board and Noah's little skateboard. He's no Tony Hawk guys- not yet at least- but he enjoyed scooting around on the board. I was a little afraid a few times that he was going to drop into one of the bowls there- not anything I would imagine he would enjoy right now at this age- but he used good judgement and instead just cruised around the main surface of the park. He got quite a quick out of watching Spencer skate around. I even cruised around the park a little in flip flops. (I just prayed that at 9 months pregnant I wouldn't have a complete skateboarding disaster like the one I experienced in flip flops up @ Ricks the first day of my Sophomore year- many of you who I was friends with at that time, especially my old roommates, are sure to never forget the scars I had from that mess)! I actually liked Spencer's suggestion to take Noah out to the skate park at midnight. I'm not thinking we're going to be doing it every night here on out, but I can see it being a helper in the future on those nights Noah wants to be a "Rock Star" and not a sleeper. Speaking of Noah- he's still just barely 19 months old, but these days, he has begun to manifest his independence! Yesterday I took him to the mall with me, and while I assumed it was going to be a quick trip since I only needed to visit one store, instead it took at least a good hour cuz Noah had to walk and push the stroller for himself rather than be pushed in the stroller! I mentioned Spencer's "to do" list I made him, well one of the things on it he needs to do is put child locks on absolutely every drawer and cupboard we have cuz Noah is into it all. His favorite thing to do is to take things- anything- I'm talking shoes, dishes, toilet bowl brushes, anything- and drop it from the top of our stairway down to the bottom of the stairs- this creates a potential hazard for me, since I climb up and down the stairs all through out the day. I also have to be sure to confine him to only a few rooms of the house at a time by keeping all the other doors to the other rooms tightly closed. He has a bad habit of wanting to explore in our bathroom- so that's a door that remains closed at all times. Just this last weekend his curiosity managed to make me a little sick to my stomach after discovering he'd not only once, but twice decided to play in his grandmas toilet bowl. Unfortunately Spencer's mom hasn't started to "Noah proof" her bathroom yet like we have already done, so Noah just has a party in there when no one is looking. On one of his bathroom adventures this last weekend, he found a bag of frozen chopped up spinach ( I have no idea what that was even doing in Spencer's moms room!) and poured the entire contents into the toilet, stirred it around, and continued to have a party playing in the toilet. I'm thinking he was probably in there for a good 10 minutes on his own at least. What was even more disgusting was that when we actually did find him, Spencer's mom began to suggest the mess in the toilet was evidence of her forgetting to flush after her last use- YUCK!!! this almost sent me over the top! Spencer's mom later claimed she'd remembered to flush the toilet, and that it was just frozen spinach Noah dumped into the toilet, but then again, I still ask myself- what was a frozen bag of spinach doing in her room???!!! We'll never know the entire truth of what exactly what happened. Okay, so needless to say, grandmas room is now completely off limits and I'll have to glue a third eye onto the back of my head just to keep Noah out of trouble. Oh I took him on Saturday to get his hair cut again- (this is probably at least his 10Th time getting it cut). I took him to the cheapo hair cutting place since it would be a while before we could get him into his usual hairdressers. I was getting a little desperate to get his hair trimmed and out of his eyes, and of course, I was also beginning to get a little desperate since every time his grandma Campbell would see him, she'd sweep his hair off to the side with a pink barrette. I tried to hide every pink barrette she would put in his hair, but she must had been buying more! Anyhow, I just didn't want him to become gender confused because grandma was putting pink barrettes in his hair, so I gave in and took him to "Fantastic Sam's". Okay, well I'm beginning to think "Fantastic Sam's" isn't too "Fantastic"! The girl there was afraid to cut Noah's hair- and it took her a really long time to do so. By the time we left there I was anxious myself and really didn't care what the cut looked like- cuz either way, it looked awful. She gave him an uneven Amish boy hair cut! I've been trying to improvise and make it look at least half way decent by putting tons of moose and gel in his hair to make it look somewhat decent, but by the end of the day, he always looks like an Amish boy. Thank goodness he has hair that grows on its own pretty fast- hopefully he'll outgrow this recent hair cut soon. Well that's about all for now- I posted above two recent pictures of Noah's hair cut- the first picture is one I took after gelling his hair off to the side and out of his face, the following picture- well that's what you get when you go to "Fantastic Sam's". My mom is flying up here on Tuesday evening to stay and help me for a week with Noah and the new baby- I'm really looking forward to her visit. I'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as the new baby arrives.

0 comments: