Saturday, January 21, 2012

Zoo lights...

The Friday night, before Christmas, Spencer and I packed our boys up in our car and we drove up to Salt Lake to meet his family {Aaron, Emily, their kids, John, Megan and Laura- basically everyone BUT Les and Linda} at the Hogle Zoo to walk around and look at the zoo lights

I'm not gonna lie... It was FREEZING! 
A frigid 18 degrees Fahrenheit.
These two boys below stayed bundled up in the stroller 
the entire time while we were there.
  Above is Aunt Laura, cousin Tori, cousin Maddie, Noah and Ian...
Above is Noah with his cousin Elijah...
This picture above is pretty funny.  
It looks like Aunt Laura and cousin Ike are both doing the potty dance when in fact, 
I think they were just both really REALLY cold!
Cousin Emma is on the ground, kneeling, helping Cohen with something,
Ian's about to fall off of the railing,
Aunt Megan has her hands covering her face to keep it warm
and that's Noah, doing absolutely nothing on the far right.
The lights all looked pretty amazing!
Did I fail to mention how many times we LOST someone in our group?!
I'd like to add here, 
that I've taken all 5 of my boys,
on my own, 
to very crowded places,
and never once
have I even lost one!
{That time at Disneyland over the summer doesn't count when we lost Ian for a few minutes-
I wasn't the one who was supposed to be watching him... 
I won't throw that person under the bus again and name names,
but fact is,
it wasn't my fault}.
Anyhow, somehow, on this particular night,
we lost someone from our group at least a dozen times...
it was usually ALWAYS an adult!
I'll name names here---
the person we probably lost the most was Aaron {Spencer's older brother}
and his eldest daughter Tori {who's 15!}...
I bet my sister in law Emily was relieved when the night was over 
because she spent most of her time at the zoo 
frantically calling out for her lost husband and daughter!
The good news: Everyone made it home safely that night.
 Below is Aunt Laura with Cohen...
Despite it being pretty darn cold, I think we'll be making a trip to the zoo every year as family at Christmas time to see the zoo lights!

0 comments: