Sunday, December 11, 2011

That darn elf...

It looks to be as though our friendly elf Jolt enjoys getting into a little mischief during the night while we all sleep...

This morning we woke up and found him sitting on this glass on the kitchen counter; he'd drank almost the entire bottle of maple syrup!!!  That darn elf- I just bought that syrup for our breakfast dinner tonight.
Our boys had to examine our pantry and look for any other signs of Jolt getting into our other food... Ian's pretty certain that Jolt got into the Nutella {of course I never would have noticed} and they also believe he ate some of the cheddar popcorn {again- something I didn't notice}... oh that silly elf!  It looks as though he may have had a snack attack last night.
 On another note... the boys really had a great time spending the night, morning and afternoon with grandma and grandpa.  It's obvious though, they didn't get their usual sleep they're used to getting because they were pretty whiny when they all returned home... it's seems to be a trend any time they spend the night anywhere else.  That's okay though- I can deal with it every now and then, that's why sleepovers are EXTRA special here in our home because they don't get to do them too often.

Anyhow, Friday evening they unwrapped and read the book, "The Littlest Angel meets the Newest Angel", written by Ronald Kidd and illustrated by Rick Reinert.

We're still doing our Christmas Book Countdown, so last night we unwrapped and read "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with music and sound written by Charles M Shulz. 
Our boys LOVED it!  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I heard Charlie Brown say on repeat, "Good Grief".  I wouldn't be surprised if Bentley starts using the phrase- I'm sure it's totally embedded in his mind by now.

1 comments:

Tricia said...

Hahahahaha!!!!! I LOVE it!!!!! Doing this tonight after kids go to bed, lol... so funny;);)